“Cool experience”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Loud and fun - live music. Sat on the second level and had a great view. Waiter had a potty mouth which I didn't enjoy but maybe it's that laid back there. Enjoyed an Alaskan ale beer. Small menu which was disappointing - ordered the salmon spread which we thought would be hot (sort of like spinach dip) but really just cold spread (sort of like cream cheese) which boxed crackers. Not worth $9.99 but what can you do (however, the dip was very good). Great souvenir shop on the way out.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,015)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We just stopped in for drinks so I can't comment on the food.
The drinks are priced higher than I am used to, but they have a steady supply of tourists that are willing to pay.
Its the atmosphere that you are here for. And its just a fun place to hang out for an hour.
The entertainer was great and got the whole place involved.
I did find the service slow, but they were packed solid.
Glad I stopped and I would return for the entertainment.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great way to while away an afternoon, the place was packed, the service was great and the entertainment was truly entertaining and had audience participation. Also has a very nice gift shop and great ambience.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Yep, it's loud and rowdy, but it's so much fun. Sawdust floors. Rustic furnishings. Just fun.

We were here just for drinks. There was a guitar player playing plenty of Johnny Horton, ensuring we knew we were in Alaska.

Yes, it's touristy, but for me it's a must see!

1  Thank MNM1011
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you visit Juneau you have to visit the Red Dog Saloon and at least have a drink. It is like stepping into the past. What a unique atmosphere! The service is great too and their gift shop has everything you need to remember your visit to the Red Dog Saloon. Alaskan Amber is the best. Check it out.

Been to Red Dog Saloon? Share your experiences!