“Great views and service. ”

Hangar On The Wharf
Ranked #4 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Price range: US$7 - US$34
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I would fully recommend The Hanger. I have had a few afternoons in here and always enjoyed the food and beer!!
The view out over the Harbour is excellent, the float planes dock right outside. Enjoy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stopped here after we got off our whale watching tour. It was pretty busy. We had about a 15 minute wait. I'm not much of a seafood person, but their menu had many options for me. I got the steak and it was probably the best I've ever had.A little pricey. Gorgeous view of the channel and mountains.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We so far have only experienced one downtown restaurant but I have to say the food was wonderful. They have lots of beer on tap some local others like the Rogue brewery from Oregon, great if you love beer like I do.
If you love great fish and chips I would have to say that you will not be disappointed. My wife and myself both had the rockfish and it was great, two large pieces and you could sub a different side if you didn't want the chips. I choose salad with ranch which was good and my wife had the coleslaw. I'm not a fan of slaw but after having a few bites of hers wish I would have taken that choice instead of the average every day salad.
If there was a down side I would say we waited a long time for a seat, we're not use to cruise ships on our normal destinations so I would recommend being patient if you have more than four in your party. There is open seating in the bar area but for at least an hour plus those were filled also but the Alaskan IPA helped to ease the pain.
Give it a try prices for the rockfish were $10.95 beer was $5.50 I think, figured that was a good price being that your in a tourist trap area. There were three different menus so I would recommend looking at all of them.
"Note to self never been on a cruise and after seeing all the people that invade a town it confirms I never want to"

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Food is always good, with a range of choices. Nice harbor view. Reservations are advised during busy times.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

A very popular place w/ locals. Great American food, favoring steaks and fish, served in a homey setting in a wharf complex, facing the beautiful seafront and mountains. A special place.

Been to Hangar On The Wharf? Share your experiences!