“Always Worth a Stop”

Price range: US$7 - US$34
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

When in Juneau, it's always worth having a meal at the Hangar on the Wharf. On a just completed Alaskan trip my husband and I are there twice in a week. We were completely satisfied both times - once for dinner and once for lunch. The view is nice,you can see the floatplanes take off and land, watch the big cruise ships in port, see the tramway, and watch for eagles all at once. The food was excellent and the service was fine. Will always plan a meal at the Hangar when in Juneau.

1  Thank bluebingo52
Write a ReviewReviews (1,237)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Halibut fish and chips were delicious but I regretted it afterwards. The coleslaw was delicious! We were warned by our server not to get the cod because it was not fresh but frozen and oily.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The service is excellent! The food is some of the best I've ever had! We enjoyed it so much we didn't mind paying the higher prices. Sticker shock was a perpetual problem for us in Juneau.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Nice sports bar type restaurant, right on the wharf. Watch the seaplanes take off and land. Right near the cruise ship dock. Good burgers and other bar food. A good selection of local and national beers.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I took our 14yo daughter out to dinner at the Hangar to help celebrate (daughters choice not mine) on a Sunday evening.

The service felt rushed, I was still eating my chewy (and recently thawed I'm guessing) chicken which was in my pasta (but taking a break to talk to my daughter) and I had multiple employees try and take my food thinking I was done.
My wife's halibut taco wasn't really even a taco at all. It was a soft tortilla and actually looked like a burrito. She said it wasn't worth writing home about. The only saving grace, and I repeat, only saving grace to the evening was my daughter wanted fish and chips and they did that right. The problem was for three entreees and one beer the total still came to $65! That is a lotta money for such a small amount of food. Of course my daughter is worth it so I am not complaining... just reviewing!

Looking forward to going out if town and having better food with cheaper prices!

Been to Hangar On The Wharf? Share your experiences!