“Authentic Introduction to Alaskan Favorites”
Review of Alaskan Food Tours

Alaskan Food Tours
Ranked #6 of 6 Food & Drink in Juneau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our premier food tasting & cultural walking tour of Juneau is approximately 3-3 1/2 hours long and combines delicious food and drink tastings with some serious fun in Alaska's capital city. Get off the beaten path while exploring the historic downtown community. You'll experience delectable foods from one of a kind specialty food stores and eateries unique to Alaska while receiving an insider's view into the culture, history and lifestyle that defines the last frontier.
Reviewed 1 March 2013

This tour had a relaxed pace and felt like getting an inside look from a good friend. The different locations were all ready for us to arrive and the brief wait before another tasting meant we had a moment to visit about the food, ask questions, and absorb the atmosphere. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Juneau who loves seafood and wants to know more about the culture of Southeast Alaska.

1  Thank raeine

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Having never been on a food tour I didn't quite know what to expect, but WOW, I hadn't imagined what an interesting, relaxing, unique experience I could have right in my own home town! We enjoyed an informal history lesson from two local guides while strolling through downtown Juneau, past the Capitol Building and Governor's Mansion, stopping along the way to sample delicious menus at some of the more interesting local eateries.

I will definitely recommend this tour to my friends and family visiting in the future, especially those who enjoy doing something a little outside of the ordinary. What fun!

1  Thank FunTimeSeeker
Karen W, Owner at Alaskan Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Hi,
I wanted to thank you for coming on the tour and reviewing it in the past. We have continued to grow and change the business and the tour, and would like you to join us on a tour again in the future.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

I took some visiting family on the Alaskan Food Tour in August 2012 and we all loved it. It's funny doing a tour in your own home town, but the guides were so knowledgeable, it's amazing how much I learned! Plus I got to try some of the restaurants I hadn't been to before.

Definitely don't eat before you go, because by the time you've sampled your way through town, you'll be pretty full. The tour gives you a chance to chow down on some of Juneau's home grown, home made and home caught (think fresh seafood!) while learning some of the city's lore ... stuff you don't normally hear about. The tour is well paced; I never felt rushed and I never felt like we were lingering too long in one place. There is a little bit of walking involved (not too much) and I think most people would be able to cope with it ... and it gives you a chance to work off some of the food and drink.

If you're looking for an affordable tour that gives a little history, a little exercise and a good amount of food (and wine and beer!), then you should definitely book an Alaskan Food Tour!

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Not only did we get to try lots of great food on this tour, we learned A LOT about Juneau and the area. Highly recommend this tour!

Alaskan_Food_Tours, Owner at Alaskan Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Thanks for your review and recommendation of our tour. I'm glad you enjoyed the food and learned lots about my hometown of Juneau.