“Tour guide made trip worthwhile”

Last Chance Tours Juneau
Ranked #49 of 86 Tours in Juneau
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Tour guide made trip worthwhile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Took a 2 1/2 hour tour of Juneau and Mendenhall Glacier. Our tour guide (Grizzly Adams lookalike), was exceptional. Our tour included the city park, Mendenhall Glacier and a few other points of interest.
Very informative and comfortable ride.
Note: for just a few dollars (I believe $8), you can hop on a direct shuttle and spend several hours at Mendenhall Glacier. Our 55 min just was not long enough, but a good intro for our next trip to Juneau.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Priffle

Portland, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very Entertaining!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Wonderful tour, views, and tour guide. Todd was our guide and was very funny. My style of humor. At the glacier we walked around the trails. No bears as I had hoped for, but we did see a porcupine and a bunch of bald eagles up close. All in all, great way to spend just a couple of hours in Juneau.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Miss J F
Spokane, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Day, Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

This was a great way to see Juneau! I chartered a bus for our work group for just over 2 hours to get a tour of Juneau. We lucked out with a sunny day, which our guide reminded us of several times. He was amazing, very knowledgeable, local, and a sweetheart. We toured through the town, heard all about how much the area had changed over the years, and some local folklore of the native tribe. This was the last day of our conference in Juneau and left everyone wanting to come back. A great send-off home!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank JennetteP_13
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I was hesitant booking excursions off of our cruise ship, but my husband was insistent we could get a better deal than on the cruise ship. First of all, I was a little skeptical because there were only 8 other people on the tour. We toured through downtown Juneau, over to an Island across the ocean, to a small church that I can't remember the name of, and then to the Mendenhall Glacier. George was our tour guide and was absolutely incredible. He was a local from a neighboring town and shared his heritage, stories, and what it's like to live in harsh Alaska. The Glacier was beautiful except my camera died 20 minutes after being there. We got such a personal tour and even just got an email from George with winter photos of Alaska!!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Angie6511
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“the most unprofessional and irresponsible service provider. NEVER.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

After reserving a tour with this provider through a third party agent, we arrived at Juneau with our our six months old baby, and tried to find the meeting spot for the tour. since the meeting location description was very generic, I went around to look for the tour representative, while my wife with our baby did the same on the other side of the building. she approached the representative and asked him there are the tour company (needless to say he didn't hold any sign to make it easier to find him). he wanted to see the papers, and since I was with the papers on the other side of the building my wife didn't have them. instead of checking in his lists for our names, or waiting a minute for me to arrive with the papers, he LIED and said he cannot check and gave all sorts of excuses, while trying to leave the meeting location as fast as possible. he admitted that he has three spots open, but refused to check if it is us. it was obvious he was happy just to avoid us in this tour (and have no babies in the tour) in spite of the fact we paid full money for all of us. when I arrived back (two minutes later) to the location the guy already took off without us, and when I called him on the phone he refused to come back and take us, and admitted he did think it is us that he was waiting for, but gave all sorts of excuses about the documents, that he wasn't sure and more.
Clearly, this company is a shame for the tours industry in Juneau. never encountered such an unprofessional and irresponsible service provider, with a behavior that is even bordering negligence, leaving a mother and a 6 months old baby in the cold and taking off. would never recommend them even if I had a gun against my head.

Visited September 2012