“good atmosphere, great value”
Review of SamovarsS Russian Food Juneau - CLOSED

SamovarsS Russian Food Juneau
Cuisines: Russian
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Erie, Pennsylvania
“good atmosphere, great value”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My friend had not eaten since breakfast and after her guiding people in the PM, she was hungry. We were the only people there. Staff were responsive, polite even though it was late and they were about to close. The food was tasty, and promptly served with good proportions for the price. We will definitely return.

1 Thank JLPBCPhD

Juneau, Alaska
“OK”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This is a brand new restaurant, so understandably the menu is a little limited at the moment. They plan to expand it as time/money permits. We tried the Borscht soup, which we loved since we like soup with a light broth. Although flavorful, I did notice that the soup was just barely warm. I loved how friendly the staff is, though! I also asked about their Russian dumplings, and the woman working said that they make them from scratch right there and do not freeze them, as Pel Meni's just down the street does. So, we plan to try that next!

There is plenty of seating inside and two tables outside. I liked that they were playing Russian music, and had some Russian decor inside. It made for a nicer atmosphere :-)

2 Thank Kaya029
“Nice addition to the limited Juneau restaurant scene.”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Samovar's proprietors are friendly and eager to please. We had the stuffed cabbage and blintzi.
The stuffed cabbage was tasty and the cheese blintzi divine!
I will definitely encourage other Juneauites to visit and will return soon myself.

1 Thank Anne J
Toledo, Washington
“So So and Mo”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

In their defense, they had just opened. Bugs likely needed to be worked out. The food was just okay. A couple things a bit cold. The communal bread sticks was a bit tacky. The people were friendly. It needs a combo plate instead of ala carte. The prices were okay but add up fast if you want to eat enough to be satisfied. I'll go there again soon but if it hasn't improved, I likely won't be back.

Visited May 2013