“JUNEAU HOTEL ROCKS JUNEAU!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Juneau Hotel

Juneau Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
Anchorage, Alaska
“JUNEAU HOTEL ROCKS JUNEAU!!!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I stayed in the Juneau Hotel for almost 4 months on business and the rooms were clean, staff very friendly, especially Anthony at the front desk and my room had all the amenities I needed including a washer and dryer!!!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want and Anthony will do his 'magic' to the best of his abilities to accomo...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DiamondDar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 21 April 2011

My family and I recently re-located to Juneau. We lived in a few other hotels which were EXTREMELY questionable. We were welcomed to the Juneau Hotel by very friendly staff who did everything they could to make our stay more pleasant. Since housing is a major issue in Juneau, we couldn't be more pleased with them.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank warangel_geo
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Being in the travel industry I have stayed in many hotels and worked in many. I am very impressed with the Juneau hotel. Their staff and management have been more than helpful. We are new to the area and when we first came we stayed at another extended stay. I was mortified at the conditions of the rooms and thought is this all we have to offer. Then a friend recommended the Juneau hotel. When we walked in I jumped for joy, the kitchen is wonderful, dishwasher, garbage disposal and washer and dryer. And the bathroom was spotless no mold no stains.
And children are very welcome here at any age. I have read in a prior review that children were not welcome here, that is not what I have seen. I have seen many many children enter the hotel. all different ages and our son stays with us at times, and the staff including the management have treated him very respectably.
The staff is exceptional, very helpful, friendly and will go out of their way to please you. The Cindy the manager is wonderful and I couldn't be happier with our stay here.
I have many clients I recommend to stay here only. The price is right and the location is great.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank akmamabear
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I am recently new to town. We found ourselves in need of a hotel with the possibility of staying up to a month until we found a rental. Juneau is notorious for not having a lot of choices when it comes to housing.

When my husband called to inquire about staying there, the staff and manager were eager to help my husband and I out. Then, my husband let them know we have two children. Immediately, we were met with apprehension. The staff told him they would speak with the manager and get back with him. Later that day, after not receiving a call back, my husband called them. He was told they prefer no children (even though they advertise "Children stay free"). They would not allow him to book a room.

Thinking this may not be correct, I waited a week or so and placed the call myself. I was told immediately they don't accept children.

I decided to have a friend place a call next. She called (while I was sitting there) and asked about needing a room for 2 professional people. She was told there was a room available that had a queen size bed and a pull out sleeper sofa. My friend then stated that would be perfect and she would like to book the room. She then said, "Oh, and there are also 2 children that would be staying as well and that sleeper sofa would be perfect." Immediately, she met with resistance and the staff person told her, "Oh, I'm sorry, that room isn't available." She was then told the earliest reservation for that room would be November or December 2011!!!

Needless to say, I would never recommend this place to anyone. I am constantly traveling for my job and have intimate contacts with government officials who are also travelling quite a bit. This is one place I will specifically tell them to avoid-discrimination is prevelent in this hotel!

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank alaska2011_11
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Juneau Hotel discriminated against myself and the other two guests staying with me. We are males ages 21, 24, and 25 who just came to town as a permanent relocation. My partner and myself (yes, we're gay), and a good friend of ours (who's not gay but also not homophobic like Juneau Hotel). We made a reservation in advance, but when we arrived, the management and front-desk staff teamed up and battered us with very personal questions. After begging a few times, they finally allowed us to stay in the room we booked in advance.

The room that we were put in had reversed door handles, so the locks were on the wrong sides of the doors. The shower handle would not turn to the "hot" range, so we were forced to deal with cold showers. In general, the construction is not the best, and the lovely tile floors in the photos aren't real tile, so don't get your hopes up. There was a half-inch thick cake of dust on the ceiling fans when we moved in. When we first turned them on, the entire room filled with dust, and it took us hours to air it out.

Also, the "security" door on the outside of the building didn't close, was a fire hazard, and wasn't "secure" at all. They put a sign on the door at one point saying: "This Door Must Remain Closed -Management" After just having surgery, I attempted to open the door to get out of the building and tore my sutures!!!

Throughout our entire stay, we were badgered by front-desk personnel. At one point, my good buddy (one of the other registered guests in our room) went up to the front desk to ask for toilet paper. The front desk attendant said "No," handed my friend a pad of notebook paper, and said "Here. You can use this." After a bit of coaxing, the front-desk attendant allowed my friend to buy toilet paper from him. Talk about extortion!

To add icing to the cake, they asked us to leave a few days ago, because are three males in a single room. We will absolutely be taking them to court as soon as we get back on our feet.

I would never recommend Juneau Hotel to anyone; especially not to gay travelers or groups of male travelers. They're very discriminatory, and the service is absolutely horrible. We were harassed constantly, the rooms were terrible and falling apart quickly, and we were booted out with no reasonable cause. These rooms are not cheap, and we lost a great deal of money just trying to secure our living situation.

Take our advice and stay far away from this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank reviewer197
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 16 February 2011

The rooms are nice and the staff great but the location is quite noisy. On one side is a busy street and the hotel is by a busy intersection. On the other side is a huge parking lot for the fish and game and the dept. of labor. They start snow removal at two thirty in the morning and it lasts until five. There seems to be construction every morning around that time so if you are a lite sleeper I suggest you find a quieter location. Their fitness center is a joke and there is no resturants close by so you better have a car.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank corgi11
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I've stayed at a lot of hotels in Juneau and so far this is the nicest. Nothing fancy but the rooms are clean with plenty of space. Suite with kitchen, washer and dryer make it a comfortable room. Staff was very friendly and free internet.

Only downside was that there is no real left turn option from the main highway (heading from downtown) so you either have to pass and do a u-turn or take the left right before the hotel and cut through a parking lot. Was not a big inconvenience though.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business