“OK, But . . .”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
Port Angeles, Washington
“OK, But . . .”
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

No WiFi; no reliable shuttle service early morning or late night. Their sister property, Fontier Uites ha bot, but re further away from downtown near the airport. Can easily walk the mile to downtown in about 15 minutes. As noted in other reviews, these are small apartment which are typical to many others in furnishing and comfort.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ostermundigen, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 September 2012

That's a good address in Juneau. The rooms are not only rooms, but are nice little appartements, with fully equipped kitchen, with a bathroom containing a complete laundry (washer and tumbler). The perfect place to stay and to make a stop to clean everything and be prepared for the continuation of the travel.
10 minutes walk to the center of downtown along the sea.
Free shuttle from/to Airport or Ferry Terminal.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My husband and I were supposed to stay one night after disembarking from the Silver Shadow in Juneau. My husband stayed onboard and is continuing to Tokyo so I was alone. I felt safe. Very important. If I were staying for many days, outdoor adventures, etc. it is a good place. It is a small apartment with very nice appliances. The bed was very comfortable as well.
The three stars come from my experience with the night clerk and a management mistake. It was dark and raining and of course I have no idea where I am. I needed water and the tap water is horrible. I went to the vending machines to get bottled water and only sodas. I figure oh well I will drink a soda and find I have only bills over $10. I ask for change and the clerk says she has no change. She tells me I can walk to the convenience store that it is about a 5-10 minute walk. It's RAINING and DARK! My husband would be very upset if I were to be run over while getting some water. She then tells me there is filtered water at the ice machine. YAY! tell me this 30 minutes ago please. Sadly the filter needs changing but I needed water and it wasn't as bad as the tap.
So this is my advice. If you are going to stay at the Juneau Hotel, and I do recommend as it is a nice, clean and comfortable place BE PREPARED. Go to the store and pick up water, drinks, food, etc. depending on the length of your stay. it is a drive from the tourist part of Juneau so make sure if you don't have a car you bring back food or eat in town. Pizza and Chinese are your only delivery options.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Anchor Point, Alaska
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed at a different hotel when I arrived and later switched to the Juneau Hotel. It was great, Thank you to the staff for a job well done.The rooms are loaded up with a washer dryer and a full kitchen. great location and very quiet. Parking is a little tight but it works. See you guys next time I am in Juneau.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

It was a couple of blocks to downtown but we don't mind walking. The kitchenette appealed to us because we like to eat breakfast in. The room was clean and the staff accomodating. The free shuttle to the airport was a nice extra.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Amarillo, TX
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Not sure if this hotel was a good place to stay back in the day, but I would not recommend it. I was supposed to stay there and even checked in the room. But after just a few hours, I decided to go elsewhere. Shady people around and not very safe, in my opinion. Front clerk had been working just a few days and knew nothing. Sorry Juneau Hotel, but can't recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2012

A whole family stayed in one of their apartment units. It was fun to have access to a kitchen with dishes, an oven, a refrigerator, so we could make our own breakfast or late night snack.
The TVs are great and the units feel like individual homes.

Note that some units (or perhaps all) have a sofa bed that opens up to a double bed, so you can fit two more adults than you think.

Compared with other hotels in Juneau, this place is good value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends