“Pretty good choice”
Review of Juneau Hotel

Juneau Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This place is more like a complex of buildings. The room is basic but it does have nice TV's and a full kitchen. The only issue I had was the security lights outside we're brighter than the sunlight and kept me up. I'll stay here again next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank geneatis

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at the Juneau hotel for a week. The rooms were clean and having a washer and dryer was wonderful. The kitchen was nice but no toaster.
Beware some of the rooms are in separate buildings and have no elevator . This is a problem when you are my age . 74 The reservations were made in april and asked for elevators as we were all seniors. They accomodated another who had a later reservation.There is no restaurant but many nearby if you have a car.

Room Tip: Plan on eating out no restaurant
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marjorie B
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My fiancee and I stayed at Juneau Hotel for 6 nights in August 2013. It was clean and had everything we needed. It is set-up almost like a one bedroom apartment with all the basic amenities. We asked for a room on the 3rd floor, facing the Gastinuea channel. There were minimal noise from the street, but it was not constant and it was bearable. We had partial view of Douglas Island from our bedroom and living room which was really nice. The location is very convenient, close to downtown, about 4-5 blocks away so if you don't have a car, its close to everything.

This hotel has full size dishwasher, jacuzzi tub, fridge, oven and stove, washer and dryer (bring your own laundry soap), coffee maker,ironing board & iron, and hair dryer. There's also a small gym area for work out, ice machine, parking space and a big common area as well. There's free computer and printer for use on the front lobby .

Bring food from home or you can shop at Walmart, Costco,Foodland,Safeway (Vons). Beware, everything is about 2-3$ more in Alaska.We only eat out 4 times during our stay in Juneau. Tax is about 5%. We brought some food from home and went shopping at Walmart to save some money.

All in all, good hotel since there's not many choices in Juneau.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MJ_Bugawisan
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have visited Juneau many times and when not staying with family, I try to stay at the Juneau Hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Each room has a nice little kitchen so that meals can be prepared in the room. I had to make an unexpected trip to Juneau in May. The hotel was filled almost to capacity and it was questionable if we would be able to stay all the nights at the Juneau Hotel, but the staff managed to juggle visitors and rooms and in the end, everyone had a room and was happy. (Thanks Fete!) The location is convenient. It's a short walk to downtown or to the market. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Juneau area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

After a week in Alaska, we appreciated the space to unpack, sprawl out, and do our laundry in the in-room washer/dryer. Our room, which faced the front of the hotel, was very comfortable and clean. The staff was helpful in providing tips on how to get ourselves to the 2 AM ferry.The location is very convenient for walking to the Tracy Arm Ferry, a supermarket and the downtown area.

Room Tip: The Rookery Restaurant is funky spot with economical, interesting dinners.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fred831
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I spent a few nights at the Juneau Hostel this past spring. I am a previous world traveler and hostel dweller, so I speak from experience. It is a charming building and when walking in during the evening hours one hears the sounds of lively, fun conversation and smells the aroma of good food being prepared by hostel guests in the kitchen. The staff is friendly, relaxed, helpful, and accommodating. I can't imagine anyone having complaints about the Juneau Hostel if they have accurate and realistic expectations for what a hostel experience is. Juneau Hostel is a fun and inviting place to stay for the low budget or experience and adventure seeking traveler!! You will get to meet interesting folks from all over the world in one of the world's most beautiful locations!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We had to stay in Juneau for 6 days on a ferry layover. We wanted a hotel that offered a kitchen and washer/dryer. We were happy to have access to these items during our stay but feel that the cleanliness of the hotel was an issue. It seemed like the house keeping was halfway done. The floor was vacuumed but there were areas missed. There was hair/dirt in the bathroom floor. The kitchen was halfway swept. There was food in the microwave. The dishes were not clean. The cabinets were stained inside and dirty. I had to clean the room and wash all the dishes before I felt comfortable. There was a bad smell in the lobby most of the days we stayed. Smelled like sewage. There was a lot of noise from the road (even late at night) but it didn't really bother us or keep us up. We did not see any sketchy people walking around. I did feel safe here for the most part. Overall, I would not stay here again. If I had known about the Aspen Suites down the road, I would have stayed there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family