Juneau Hotel
Super 8 Juneau(Juneau)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$140
US$126
US$208
US$202
Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel(Juneau)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$212
Orbitz.com
US$167
US$122
All reviewswasher dryerfull kitchenseparate bedroomsized fridgethe main highwayfrozen wafflessofa sleeperclose to the hotelloved our staybar stoolsshort walkflat screendouglas islandhotel roomthe shuttle driverin towncontinental breakfast is
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I'm at a loss to understand the positive reviews for this property.

On arrival, after a 20 hour journey, I was told that my room wasn't ready - this at 4pm - and to leave my bag and return later. I went to eat and returned at 6pm to find the room still wasn't ready, so they "upgraded" me. If this room was an upgrade then I'm glad I didn't have whatever room I was originally booked in. Grubby rug, tired furniture, horrible bare floors. The room reminded me of the cheap villas I booked in Greece when in my early twenties.

The room was the temperature of a furnace and being on the ground floor it wasn't possible, or at least not wise, to leave windows open overnight. The bed was tolerably comfortable but as I was exhausted from travel I probably could have slept anywhere.

On checking out at 1pm I was told that I should have been gone already, despite the fact that there is no information in the room on check out, or any other facilities for that matter. This may explain why they can't turn rooms around for check ins in the afternoon - they simply don't inform guests and have no room management system.

Couldn't wait to leave and wouldn't return to this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank RichardC63
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I booked the Juneau Hotel based on all the great reviews. However I was extremely disappointed to see how far it was from downtown upon arrival. It is a very long walk along a busy main road with cars whipping by. In the rain, the cars all strategically hit huge puddles as they passed, drenching us in the process. It totally sucked. I asked the front desk manager if the hotel was usually for long-term guests and she said yes. Nice to have a suite with a full kitchen, but if you only have a few days in Juneau, I think the location of the hotel is most important! I do not recommend this hotel if you want a location that's walking distance to town. Otherwise prepare to be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lorij562
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights. As soon as we landed, I called the hotel and the shuttle was there within 10 minutes. We were on the 3rd floor and I took advice from others saying to request a room facing away from the bridge, which we did get. It still is very noisey but not awful. We had a decent view of the channel and cruise ships. The only bad thing I can say is that the kitchen utensils were dirty. I had to re-wash them before use. We made only a few meals because there are really only the bare essentials available. The tables were dusty but later realized that if you leave the windows open, pollen collects on the tables. We were asked if we wanted housekeeping to come in daily or weekly. I said daily, which we didn't need daily. I put the privacy sign on the door so she only came when we really wanted her to. Hotel is short walk away from town. Staff was nice. Fresh coffee, fruit and packaged pastries every morning. Bed was super comfy (loved the bear bedspread). Cute little apartment suite beats the standard hotel room in my book. If you are looking for someplace to stay for more than just a couple of days, I would stay here.

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing the channel is a great option
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My dad and I booked 2 seperate rooms here and the staff were all so friendly and the rooms were stocked with everything wee needed and were clean and comfortable. Hotel is located about a mile from downtown and right at the foot of the Douglas bridge. Would stay here agian.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Booked a 4-night stay in a “two-bedroom queen suite with Jacuzzi tub” a few months in advance for four travelers (married couple and two other adults). When we arrived, we were placed in room 1407/1409, and were dismayed to discover the following:
--The floor was concrete, not carpet as we expected from the photos
--The “queen” bed in the second room (1409) was not a queen at all, but only a full/double (narrow, and only about 72 inches long), making it difficult for my wife and I to use comfortably
--The terrible noise of the drain from upstairs woke us early in the morning and prevented us from going back to sleep
--The “flatscreen” TV in the second room (1409) was not a flat screen
--The mini blinds in the living room were broken, and those in the bedrooms were insufficient to keep out the early morning light, also keeping us awake
--The layout of the suite, with the “common area” on one side instead of between the bedrooms, was inconvenient for independent travelers

The staff were friendly, but not very professional. The next morning, even after they spoke with the general manager, the only offered option was to put us in two separate queen rooms, for which we would have been charged an additional $59 per night over our original cost.

We left after the first night and emailed the general manager requesting a refund since things were not as advertised. No response yet.

Room Tip: For carpet instead of concrete, request a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor. To avoid being awakened by the water hammer in the drains, request a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends