“good but not great”

Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
“good but not great”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

It was my first time here. The prices were a little on the $$$ side but average for the area. A little disappointing in the entrees to choose from. The only seafood entree was a chowder, Except for the special. The desserts were exceptional. It wasn't overly packed. I would probably give it one more chance.

• Visited May 2014

Juneau, Alaska
“Not Great”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I really want to like this restaurant but it has let me down -- twice. I went there for the first day of their public opening for my husband's birthday. It was a big disappointment.

Today I stopped by to get dinner because I didn't want to cook. The chicken was well seasoned but dry dry dry. It came with a side of yam purée that was tasty, but there was (seriously) about 2 tablespoons in a small plastic container.

I sat at the bar and had a glass of wine while I was waiting. I waited about 35 minutes and other than the bartender handing me a glass of wine and taking my order, not one person acknowledged me. Not a hello, not a nod, not a would you like a glass of water, not a smile -- nothing. I doubt I'll be back. Ever.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank FromAlaska
Juneau, Alaska
“Great Food & Ambience”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I travel to Juneau often and was thrilled to find Salt. I walked in on a Saturday night and the Manager, Sam, quickly made a table for me. The cocktail and wine list is extensive and I enjoyed a delicious, creative drink. I especially appreciated an epicurean, vegetarian entree (as a vegetarian, I find myself asking for entrees to be modified often the result isa pasta dish with meat plucked off while still paying full price for the entree).

The service was friendly, prompt - clearly this is a happy staff with good management and a skilled chef. This will be my first stop on my next trip to Juneau!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank SBB407
Las Vegas, New Mexico, United States
“Great Upscale/Casual Spot”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

From the carefully-prepared and wide-ranging appetizers to the excellent and thoughtful main courses, this restaurant is pretty much universally acclaimed as tops in Juneau. The service is highly professional while remaining friendly, food is brought out at just the right temperatures, and if you are racing to a show downtown, the staff keeps an eye on the clock for you. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2014
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
“Excellent addition to the Juneau dining scene.”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had dinner here for the first time since the old Zephyr became the new Salt. Delicious food, great service, and the price was not out of line for fine dining in Juneau.

• Visited March 2014

Been to Salt? Share your experiences!