We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“If you have more money than taste.”
Review of Zephyr - CLOSED

Zephyr
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
More restaurant details
Restaurant details
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Level Contributor
5 reviews
4 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you have more money than taste.”
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

This place was great when it opened a few years ago and it still has nice atmosphere and decent staff but the food is terrible. The description sounds great but then the food gets to your table. The overpriced food paired with $10 glass of wine filled up to one pinkie width makes this place worth avoiding.

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Helpful?
1 Thank Alaskabee
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

79 reviews from our community

Visitor rating
    45
    14
    8
    6
    6
Rating summary
    Food
    Service
    Value
    Atmosphere
Date | Rating
  • English first
  • Any
English first
Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
3 reviews
3 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Way Overpriced - Low Quality”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

The g/f and I went for a 'romantic' dinner. We were served lukewarm pasta from a bored server. Very little seafood on top! Can't recommend, don't bother, there are many many restaurants in town that top this place. Did I mention WAY overpriced?

  • Visited August 2011
    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Helpful?
1 Thank Moose S
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
30 reviews
17 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Will Not Go There Again.”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We went for dinner, they were open. Service by the waitress was so rude we walked out. If you weren't ready to be open for service, you should have kept your door locked. Inexcusable.

Helpful?
Thank Littleminxy
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
16 reviews
9 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“romantic setting; great food, interesting selection wine and beer”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

my husband and I try to eat here at least once a month. The menu changes regularly and features local or seasonal ingredients as well as some classic favorites such as the roast chicken. They often have new and unusual wines and beers that may not be on the menu so it is always worth asking your waiter for new selections. .

The service can be spotty. We prefer to sit at the bar where service is great 90% of the time (though the other 10% it is non existent).

  • Visited December 2011
    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Helpful?
Thank chava_ak
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Palmer, Alaska
Level Contributor
45 reviews
18 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“We love Zephyr and Hadar is the best!”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My beautiful wife and I were lucky enough to have the very first appetizer and meal that was served at Zephyr when they opened 5 years ago. We have been eating there ever since for special occasions or just for a great night out. We recently had a friend in town whose daughter was getting married, and we went to Zephyr with a party of 8. As usual, Hadar did not let us down. The staff was excellent, the food was excellent, the ambience was excellent, the service was excellent. We are extremely happy every time we go there and we will definitely dine there again. ‘nuff said!

By the way, Zephyr is on Seward Street in Juneau (not Seaward) ;-)

  • Visited September 2011
    • Service
    • Food
Helpful?
1 Thank thebigtiny
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing