“just amazing”
Review of Orca Enterprises

Orca Enterprises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Orca Enterprises is now a part of Dolphin Jet Boat Tours! As the longest-running whale-watching operator in Juneau, we provide whale-focused cruises on comfortable, climate-controlled jet boats with guaranteed sightings.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 23 July 2014

my husband and i, we have already seen humpack whales in australia. we did not expect to see this animals again so great as we have already seen.
this trip with orca enterprises was just amazing. we saw this impressive bubblefeeding and the crew explained everything about this animals. we had also the luck to see orca whales. "just" two of them but we saw them. exceeds everything.
we made the tour on july 22.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our helicopter glacier tour was cancelled due to weather. From our ship, I went into Orca Enterprises at 1:45 in the afternoon hoping for some kind of activity for seven of us. They were booked up for a funeral. They called another company that they work with and had us on a bus by 2:30 and on a boat by 3:00 for whale watching. We saw countless humpbacks and had a blast!
They define excellent service and really went the extra mile for us. We will definitely call them next time we are in Juneau.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I decided we didn't want to take the whale watching excursion with the cruise ship. I am a small woman, and was looking for an intimate experience. We booked the Whale watching/Mendenhall trip. Captain Larry and his crew was top notch. You can really tell how passionate the whole crew is about seeing whales. I like how Captain Larry knew just where to go, to get best viewing of the whales. He is really experienced with the waters. After plenty of time on the waters, we were treated with some smoked salmon. Wow, was it great.

The Mendenhall portion of the trip was great also. Our driver was really nice and knew a lot about the area. At first I thought that 1 hour on the glacier wasn't enough time, but turns out, it was plenty of time to get great photos.

The whole experience I would say, had to be my favorite part of my cruise experience.

Thanks Captain Larry & crew, and the whole crew at Orca Enterprises for making my time great.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Several wildlife-spotting experience in Alaska were disappointing, but Orca delivered on giving us a great experience watching whales. We didn't take the Mendenhall Glacier trip, or the salmon bake.

However, we really got an eyeful of wildlife and we thought the crew was first-rate. These are people who seem to know their business and they are in love with what they do. They seem to be focused on doing what it takes to give their customers a good experience. For example, they urged us that if we were looking at whales surfacing, to not turn around out of politeness if a crew member spoke to us, but keep on looking.

Tip: Bring binoculars. There is an upper deck that is open and has a great view, but it can get chilly and windy. You may want to inquire about which time of day is best.