“Alaska ferries are great!!”

Alaska Marine Highway System - Day Cruises
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We love the ferry system in Alaska. The boats are well-maintained and clean, the crew and staff is very professional and helpful. The amenities vary from ship to ship, but they are very nice. The food and drinks are also first rate, if a little pricey(especially alcohol). We have been on 5 different ships and we thoroughly enjoyed them all.

3  Thank ChefJohnS
There are newer reviews for Alaska Marine Highway System - Day Cruises

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Want to see "real" Alaska and meet real Alaskans...take the ferry during off-season. The food is good and reasonably priced. The accommodations are satisfactory if you "need" a room or camp on deck and do it Alaskan-style. Put your vehicle down below, get off in Haines and see the rest of Alaska by road and you can truly say you've done it without the cruse ship "glitz" or artificiality.

2  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I love the ferry. Having said that, I especially love the Taku! It has the best rumble. Vibrates me right to sleep. The AMHS is the best way to see Southeast Alaska, and my favorite form of transportation.

2  Thank Joel907
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Well, what can you say. It's a highway with some amazing views of the Alaskan countryside. Nothing else to say really.

2  Thank newportdave
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I took the ferries through Alaska last spring & loved it so much! This was my first experience with long distance & overnight Ferries, so I didn't have much to compare it to. Since then I have taken ferries from Wales to Ireland, from Italy to Croatia and from Greece to Turkey, down the Dalmatian coast, island hopping in Greece... and I do have to say that the Alaska ferries are far superior to most of the others I encountered! Alaska Ferries were top notch when it comes to: timeliness, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, food selection in cafeteria, bars, entertainment, deck seating options, etc....

7  Thank Bigskychick