“Absolutely Great!”

Ranked #15 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 11 August 2014

After eating there at least a dozen times this summer, I figured I better do a review. The fact that I keep going back should be an indication of how good the food is! I really can't decide what I like best! The ribs are fantastic, it's just a lot of food, the chicken is great, but I really like the pulled pork and the brisket, they are my go-to when I just can't decide. Definitely worth visiting!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

As someone who has eaten ribs of every style in at least 20 states, I can honestly say that Randy's are probably the best I've ever had. His brisket also rivals any I've ever eaten in Texas. On my next visit I will try a combo platter with pulled pork and chicken. His stall is easy to find, right next to the Juneau library.

1  Thank c130driver1
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Food was great!!! Brisket, beans, coleslaw.... So wonderful!!!! My husband said it was the best food he's had while eating out since we got to Alaska 3 years ago--this includes meals we've had in Fairbanks, Valdez, Anchorage, Seward and Homer!!! Great value, food and service! If you don't eat here, then you are missing out!!!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

When it comes to barbecue, Randy has the magic touch. His sauce and rub are made from scratch and applied to meats which are then cooked to perfection. We are truly addicted to his sauce. Wish he would bottle the sauce for sale! I have eaten BBQ around the world and his is the best. He also makes a tasty candied bacon for those wanting a snack to munch while exploring downtown Juneau.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Texas-style smoked, barbecued, beef brisket is a neww menu offering at Randy's Rib Shack. They serve up a generous portion along with beans , cole-slaw, and a roll for a tasty and filling meal. They now offer barbecued ribs, chicken, and salmon for full meals along with such as hot-dogs, kielbasa and such for a "quickie."