“BBQ with a Mexican Flavor”
Review of Randy's Rib Shack

Randy's Rib Shack
Ranked #17 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Went to Randy's based on being #4 in the Trip Advisor reviews and because there was a 30 minute wait at the Crab Shack. I chose the sampler plate which included pulled pork and chicken sandwiches and a half rack of ribs - all for $18. It came with two sides of slaw and two sides of beans. A huge lunch and more than enough food for two average people. The slaw was good, the beans tasted like they had taco seasoning mixed in. The pork and chicken was again generous in portion size but either unseasoned or too lightly seasoned. The ribs seamed to be unseasoned as well. They were meaty, but a little dry. The BBQ sauce was pretty spicy with again, that hint of mexican flavor. I would probably eat at Randy's again but I'd bring my own sauce.

2  Thank Bluesdude0

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Totally informal and felt so great to eat there. It was raining, we sat under the "tent", we ate the lovely ribs and enjoyed talking to the two ladies working there.
Great ribs, no fat on them,and delicious sauce!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Literally the best pulled pork sandwich I have ever had!! His homemade barbecue sauce was so delicious! So glad we stopped here while in Juneau!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Excellent barbecue-sauce was exceptional. We received very friendly service and it was a good value.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

After eating there at least a dozen times this summer, I figured I better do a review. The fact that I keep going back should be an indication of how good the food is! I really can't decide what I like best! The ribs are fantastic, it's just a lot of food, the chicken is great, but I really like the pulled pork and the brisket, they are my go-to when I just can't decide. Definitely worth visiting!

Been to Randy's Rib Shack? Share your experiences!