“Just like my over-cluttered mother in law's house”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Juneau
A Cozy Log Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 26 Juneau B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Just like my over-cluttered mother in law's house”
Reviewed 20 July 2009

The hosts are wonderful people; but when I travel, I expect to be treated as a guest, not as a relative, staying in the kid's room. The house is 6 plus miles away from downtown Juneau. It IS close to the Mendenhall glacier, which is great if that's all you want to do while in Juneau.
The breakfasts were disappointing, there was no room for privacy unless you want to hide in your over-furnished little bedroom, and you share the one bathroom with the other boarders. They said there was laundry available, but that translated into handing over your dirty clothes to the husband to wash. I was very uncomfortable with that.
I've stayed at some great bed & breakfasts over the years, and I love being served fabulous breakfasts while staying in quaint places. This one had neither the great breakfast nor the quaint place. I should have turned and walked out of the moment I had my first glimpse of the living quarters.
My suggestion? Pay the same and stay at a hotel in downtown Juneau, and enjoy the sights there.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank BabsdeAustin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
seattle, washington
Reviewed 16 February 2009

My father-n-law and I took a fishing trip to Juneau. My wife was looking for a place for us to stay and decided to go with a bed and breakfast. She came upon the Cozy Log and read what was offered. I said it sounded okay so we booked. I knew when I talked to Judy over the phone that this place would be a nice place. Judy was very sweet and professional. Little did my father-n-law know untill after we met Bruce and Judy and stayed there for 3 nights that they would make our vacation a wonderful and memorable experience. The beds were so comfortable and the meals she prepared were delicious. And they were hospitable and caring and great company to be around. ( We loved their dog too !! ) Both of us HIGHLY recommend The Cozy Log to all who seek a wonderful, pleasant, and relaxing place to stay. It is a priveledge to now call them friends.

Jay Helman Sr.

• Liked — Cozy accomodations, great foood, but most of all...great owners!!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jaybird55
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 September 2008

I arrived In Juneau at around 9.30pm on Sunday July 28th from Australia. Once I collected my luggage I called The Cozy log and Bruce came to pick me up from the airport. We had a short tour of the area then went to see Mendenhall Glacier by moonlight before going 'home' - and that's how it felt. After a glass of wine and a quick chat with Bruce and Judy and their lovely dog Abby it was off to a bed that enveloped me. I had a wonderfully refreshing sleep and in the morning a scrumptious freshly cooked breakfast prior to setting off to see some sight. I found Bruce and Judy to be wonderful hosts in their log house at the foot of Thunder mountain about 10 minutes drive from the glacier. I stayed 2 nights. I would definitly go back to stay and highly recommend it.

• Liked — Peace and tranquility, comfort and friendliness
  • Disliked — Too easy to sleep in!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank trudyoz