“Fantastic”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Juneau
Alaska Fireweed House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 26 Juneau B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2011

This B & B was terrific. We stayed in the guest house and it was very cozy. We had everything we needed and some extras such as a washer and dryer (loved that!). The breakfast every morning is fabulous. Jeffrey and Danith are terrific. We will stay here again when we find our way back to Juneau.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank OCBB

Reviewed 12 June 2010

We stayed in the Guest House which is VERY comfortable, roomy, and private. Although we did not spend much time there as we played tourist the whole time we visited and were out doing several things in the Juneau/Douglas area, the Guest House was great. Our welcome was warm but our privacy was respected. Advice on local sightseeing and activities was nice to have, too. The bed was very comfortable -- and that's important for me as beds other than my own often stress my back. We stayed for 5 nights and loved every minute. I very much appreciated the cleanliness of the rooms and bathroom. The breakfasts are fantastic, effectively gourmet, plentiful and were left in the refrigerator with a note explaining the dish and instructions for heating. The kitchen is fully equipped with extras like great coffee, teas, hot chocolate drinks; some snacks and there's wi-fi and TV/dishnet. As a plus, the visiting Stellar's Jays were quite entertaining, too as they flew in to steal bread crumbs from the deck.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank blatshaw
Reviewed 3 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Fireweed guest house for our honeymoon. We had an entire house all to ourselves and the experience was delightful. The house is very clean, cozy, and private (the house is nestled among the trees). It also has a full kitchen, a jacuzzi bath tub, and a washer and dryer. You have the option of having your breakfast prepared each morning. Jeff and Danith would stock our breakfast in the refrigerator the evening before, so all we had to do was heat it up and enjoy it at our leisure. It was nice not to have to worry about time constraints or waking up in time for a scheduled meal. AND, the food was absolutely delicious! We were spoiled with the best quiches and souffles that we had ever eaten. Jeff and Danith were also extremely considerate of our privacy and made every effort to make our stay comfortable and easy. They also seemed like really nice people. I highly recommend their bed and breakfast. The guest house would also be great for a family since it has two bedrooms, each with a king-size bed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Taraval1
Reviewed 24 May 2010

We stayed at the guest house, a log house down a delightful path through the woods. It has a beautiful charm, easy to use kitchet, large comfortable beds and a wonderfully large tub with jacuzzi and two other shower head choices. It was very clean and up-to -date with cable and high speed internet. There is a floor to ceiling glass window looking out on the forest, a deck sourrounding most of the house and the romance of a a free standing woodburning stove (not the primary heat so don't worry if your not keen on building a fire). AK Fireweed is close to a wonderful Ski Resort in the Tongass forest so it is not all glitz but has great natural terrain with enough to challenge the best skiers. There is even first class groomed cross country trails at the base. Down the road near the shore there are excellent hiking trails that winch through the woods to the shore. We even spotted an Orca while driving along the shore. Owners Jeff and Danith Watts are great cooks and will make you feel right at home. Time it during the the Alaska Folk Festival in April as we did and you are in for a real treat.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Daneau
Reviewed 2 October 2008

AK was great. We stayed in the building next to main house. Two kids and two adults fit great! Jeff's breakfasts were awesome. Had many choices. They gave us great ideas for hikes. Not to many choices in Juneau and this place was a winner!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank lvvacations
Reviewed 13 September 2006

Stayed here a few summers ago, with family members for the Juneau Marathon. I was hesitant, because I don't consider myself a B&B kinda guy, but I had nothing to complain about.

The Fireweed House is actually located on Douglas Island, across the river from Juneau proper. It is about a 10-minute drive to downtown. We stayed in the private guest house (there was also another guest house with maybe 2 units in it). It was a 1-story cedar house with a wraparound deck. It seemed to be in immaculate condition. It has two bedrooms, a bath, and a large kitchen and living room area. It also had full DirectTV satellite which was very nice! The fridge was stocked with restaurant-style butter patties and a few other things, and soap/shampoo and soft towels were provided in the bath. My only gripe was that there were not full window coverings in the living room, where I was sleeping--Juneau doesn't get completely dark until like 2am during the summer (then sunrise starts at about 4am).

It is located on lushly landscaped grounds. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a pool (of course you could probably count all the pools in Juneau on one hand, its summer days are 60-something degrees and overcast).

The breakfast room was in another building close to the river (which I think was the owner's house, and may also have had some more guest rooms in it). The tables were set against big picture windows. They served a multi-course breakfast, with a parfait and then a hot meal. They were willing to accommodate special requests (e.g. no dairy).

All in all, a very good stay. I can't say it converted me into a B&B guy, because I still prefer the anonymity and services of hotels, but it certainly hit all the bases in terms of meeting our needs and then some in Juneau.

• Stayed: August 2003, travelled with family