“The staff treated me like family, and in a good way!”

Best Western Country Lane Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Superior service and prompt and efficient assistance made the two days run perfectly.
Percy was one of the best De Facto concierge's I have had the pleasure of working with and his knowledge of Juneau invaluable. Ask for him if you need something specific in this town!

• Stayed: January 2014
Sonja C, Customer Service Mgr. at Best Western Country Lane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for the kind review of our property, the Best Western Country Lane Inn. We sincerely appreciate your kind comments about our staff. Seeing comments such as yours is very rewarding and motivating to everyone involved. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you on future visits.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great Value for an older hotel. Like any Hotel, you have close neighbors and noises you don't have at home, but it is comfortable, always friendly and located very conveniently to the Airport. I stay there each time I am in town. The breakfast is good also.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel P

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, the Best Western Country Lane Inn. We highly value your feedback concerning the accommodations at our property. Thank you for being a loyal guest, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

like the nite drive was kind and was great driver nice talks to the people drives round . helps out when have boxes or bags and the breakfast was fine also .and desk people nice .the lobby was clean and out side the hotel. and maids were about done cleaning have good manners also. so nothing bad about hotel. even got bag and some water for being member card of the hotel and mints.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sonja C, Customer Service Mgr. at Best Western Country Lane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our entire staff sincerely thanks you for your kind remarks about the service and accommodations. Your comments and feedback are always valuable to us. Thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was in Alaska for two weeks and this is the only hotel I stayed in. In general the hotels in Alaska are rather pricy but for one night I made an exception. After a long day of having fun I took a city bus from outside Mendenhall glacier and the driver was nice enough to assist me in finding my hotel. The bus stop is directly across the street! Check in was fast and easy and the staff helped me with my dinner options. I opted for the restaurant at their affiliate hotel that delivered my dinner straight to my hotel room. The room was nice and complementary breakfast was included in the room fee. As well as a free shuttle to the airport or ferry all you have to do is let them know at the desk when you check in and they'll get it scheduled for you. This is the main reason I went for luxury as I was leaving on the ferry the next morning and didn't want to hire a taxi and the city bus doesn't run that far out of town. Staff was friendly, room was clean, shower was hot, bed was comfortable, breakfast was a nice assortment, and I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Alesia P
Sonja C, Customer Service Mgr. at Best Western Country Lane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased the staff, service and accommodations at the Country Lane Inn were able to fit your needs and leave you with a positive impression. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you on future visits.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights while laid over in Juneau waiting for the next long-distance ferry to run. This is a solid property for the price in this area...clean, comfortable rooms, everything works (TV/cable (HBO channels are active and are up in the 400s, by the way), plumbing, hot water, in-room fridge/microwave, wifi), breakfast is good for this price point (although not really any day-to-day variation of the items offered), and there's also a guest laundry which came in handy for me. On my last day (which happened to be Sunday) the front desk offered (I didn't request it) to let me stay past the 12Noon check-out time, all the way to 1:30PM...duly noted and greatly appreciated.

Demerits are minor but noteworthy: Walls and floors are paper thin, so noise from neighboring rooms and the outside are loud and clear. Parking can be tight around the property. Rooms are accessed from the outside, so during cold or inclement weather access to breakfast requires (covered) weather exposure. Still, for its reasonable price for the area I would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DaveR19

Thank you for writing such an informative review of our property, the Best Western Country Lane Inn. Our entire staff sincerely thanks you for your kind remarks about the service and accommodations. The satisfaction of every individual guest is very important to us and we are pleased that we achieved this goal. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Excellent location by airport and hotel provides speedy shuttle services. Carl at reception is most helpful and is an extremely helpful and obliging person. Beds are top class. The shuttle services provided are clean, quick to respond and drivers very accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, the Best Western Country Lane Inn. We appreciate your feedback regarding our property location, staff and service. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel staff were polite and helpful, rooms were clean and everything was in working order. I stay here often and was given an automatic upgrade to my room for the same price. There is always a breakfast buffet offered in the lobby and there is also free wifi for those who need internet access. The beds were very comfortable with quilted cotton coverlets that added comfort and helped to create a cozy atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for reviewing our property, the Best Western Country Lane Inn. We sincerely appreciate your kind comments concerning our staff and accommodations. Seeing remarks such as yours is very rewarding and motivating to everyone involved. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and continue to be a loyal guest. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit.