“Will stay here again.”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
Sitka, Alaska
“Will stay here again.”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

well, after a very unpleasant stay at another Juneau hotel..altho we were told they were fully booked they found a perfect room at the last minute ...even let us check in a little bit early in the day.
Our room is VERY nice and roomy and QUIET...I actually think I will be able to sleep tonight.
This room has a full kitchen, two flat screen TVs, separate bedroom, very nice sitting area,very very clean room. Now that is what I call a money worth the money. I would recommend Frontier Suites to anyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank h20artist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We like hotel rooms where the kids and adults have separate sleeping areas, and this fit the bill! There was a small loft and a pull-out coach in the living area for the kids, and a separate bedroom with a queen bed for us. We also had a kitchenette for breakfast, which worked great. The front desk staff was extremely friendly. The downside? Bed was a little soft, and the room was very hot, even with the windows open. We also had a very loud house behind the hotel, so having a quiet night with the windows open couldn't really happen. Overall, however, we were pleased with the hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gopursuit
michigan
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We came here because our flight was delayed and will come back because of the friendly staff the large clean rooms. We were not sure if we had made the right choice but from the moment we walked in the door we felt at home, Anthony made us welcome and was quick to let us check in right then even if it was only 11 am. Imagine our surprise when we opened the door to a little apartment! Thanks for making our unplanned trip nicer...Also check out Paradise Café across the stret best baked goods I have had in ages!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vacationfunmimi
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed here in January 2013. This was my first time at the Frontier Suites. I do stay at the Juneau Hotel, in downtown Juneau which has the same owners. It was not too bad for an older hotel. I prefer to stay in suite hotels with full kitchens when I travel to Juneau. The kitchen was a little skimpy on utensils. There was no dish soap to wash dishes - but instead had to do all dishes in the dish washer. The bathroom was very tired looking and it looked like there is water leaking between floors and puckering the paint and linoleum. The TV settings were messed up and we had to have a maintenance guy come fix it - which he did. The windows don't really close so the traffic noise is very loud. There was no WiFi available but I could pick up WiFi from the AT&T store below the hotel. The store had a lot of traffic - so the parking lot was very busy - which was right below my room. At 8 pm the AT&T store would close and the workers would CRANK up the music and jam out for 1 hour every night. This was right below my room and it sucked! I prepaid for the hotel stay and upon check out - which was just to be dropping off the room key...20 minutes later the staff ended up charging me an additional night stay plus tax. After I reviewed the bill, I went back to clarify that I had already paid and that there is no need for additional room charges. Another 20 minutes went by with the desk help incapable of reversing the charges and providing me a receipt. I was super pissed off and about to miss my ferry. The desk help said she would discuss with her supervisor and email me a receipt. I had to call 3 times, the third time I asked for a supervisor, to finally get the receipt for my bill. I will be watching my bank statement to make sure I wasn't over charged. I would stay here again if I need to stay in the valley, otherwise I will continue to stay at the Juneau Hotel downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank HotSludge
Juneau
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The front desk staff were not at the least bit helpful. No greeting or anything when I walked into the lobby. I did not feel welcome at all. When there was a problem, the manager was rude and always interrupts you. Also, there was no one to help with my things to my room. I had to come back to the front desk a couple of times because the card key to my room would not work, which was really frustrating. The maids were not nice and did not say a thing to you. I would not advise anyone to stay here at the hotel. I have stayed in better hotels than this in Juneau, like the one near the airport. Next time I will avoid going to this poor hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kim L
FrontierManager, General Manager at Frontier Suites Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you feel i am rude. We have rules concerning our property and if i was rude in convaying them I am sorry. We take pride in our property and must maintain the cleaning of such by allowing our staff to enter rooms on long term stays as written in the extended stay agreement. Please be aware that if this is a issue than you are welcome to leave at anytime.
Idaho
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I liked this place - it was like a mini apartment and the price was great. Full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave etc. No Wi-Fi, but they gave me a cat 5 cable (charged $10 and credited $10 when I brought it back) and then used my laptop for wi-fi to my iPad. Pizza right there, and a restaurant on bottom floor, plus coffee, shopping etc all close by.

Would stay here again - clean clean clean and good value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
FrontierManager, General Manager at Frontier Suites Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Thanks for the great comments! We Love having our guests thoughts. Our guests are our number one concern and these nice comments are passed on to all our staff.
Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This place was scary for a family with children and elderly members. There were men in rooms with the their door open yelling crude comments and whistling at my 17 year old niece and Mother. We had to walk over a sky walk to get to our rooms with all our luggage and no staff to aid. The walk was through three buildings and the sky walk was not level. I was even nervous about going to the lobby after dark, you were not sure what you would see in the sky walk. We scheduled the shuttle to take us to the ferry and it was over a half hour late, we almost missed the ferry. However, the driver, Alex was very nice. The front desk staff left alot to be desired. The night girl had so much perfume on, that it gagged you and the she walked around without shoes. The night guy was like - whatever, I don't really care. We stayed at the Frontier for 4 nights, we could not cancel because they would still have charged us for the room. We left our luggage in a secured location at the hotel when we went to Juneau and we were scared the whole time that it would come up missing or some of our stuff would be missing. Thank God that did not happen. I would never stay here again, nor could I recommend it to anyone, especially a family with young children - just not safe.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family