Frontier Suites Airport Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Juneau Hotel(Juneau)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenqueen suiteseparate bedroomreturn stayliving areahotel roomclean roomsshuttle serviceextended stayairportvalleyalaskasafewaykitchenettehainesglaciercomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We asked for a quiet queen suite and that is what we got, along with plenty of privacy and storage. The service in the restaurant was great and we would recommend the food, both Indian and American. All of the staff were great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed for two nights (8/4 and 8/5), using the Norther Lights coupon. I had made the reservation on May 2nd for a "Queen Bunk Suite" for the five of us. When I got there late on the night of the 4th, the front desk person said she'd have to ask the manager if I could use the coupon. And after hearing a lot of silly excuses for why I could not use it, the manager acceded and said if we could use the coupon if we pay the rate of $199 plus tax even though my reservation confirmation said $169 plus tax. They reneged because the hotel was full. This is the reason the hotel is not getting four-plus stars.

The hotel is located less than a mile from the airport, and pretty close to the Mendenhall Glacier. About 30-minute bus ride from downtown. All of those were positives during our brief stay in Juneau. The neighborhood is a bit beat down, so that may dissuade some. But we found the people around to be very nice. Safeway is about 1 mile away, which made for a challenging walk in the rain, but it was warm enough so we did not mind.

One unexpected bonus was that there is an Indian restaurant in the hotel which made excellent Naans and rice to go with the pre-packaged curries we had brought with us.

Room Tip: The Queen Bunk Suite comfortably allowed the five of us to sleep. Kitchen was functional.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pankaj S
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We arrived here after a wonderful stay at a B & B, so it was a hard transition. That being said, he motel was clean, although we had to ask 2 times for towels, soap and shampoo. Kitchenette was ample with a full size refrigerator. Very easy to get to and less than 5 min from airport--it is not near downtown however it's only about a 10 min. (easy) drive to downtown Juneau. There were a few restaurants within walking distance but we did not have time to check them out. Avoid the attached restaurant!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I am a Flight Attendant and the managing company made reservations for the crew at this hotel. After reading some of the reviews on tripadvisor I have to admit I was a little worried.
Although the décor is quite vintage, I found my stay here to be very pleasant.
First let me say the staff at the front desk and also in the restaurant were very nice and friendly. I truly enjoyed chatting with them.
The room was large with a full kitchen. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. It was quiet and restful.
I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rhonda t
Reviewed 12 July 2013

well, after a very unpleasant stay at another Juneau hotel..altho we were told they were fully booked they found a perfect room at the last minute ...even let us check in a little bit early in the day.
Our room is VERY nice and roomy and QUIET...I actually think I will be able to sleep tonight.
This room has a full kitchen, two flat screen TVs, separate bedroom, very nice sitting area,very very clean room. Now that is what I call a money worth the money. I would recommend Frontier Suites to anyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple