“This hotel was a disappointment. Staff did not give us our wake up call. Taxi did not arrive.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frontier Suites Airport Hotel

and 1 more site!
Frontier Suites Airport Hotel
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Slum of a neighborhood. Front desk staff scary. Poor air quality. Cancelled reservation for return trip but overall Juneau seems depressed. Unattended staff. Didn't seem to care we were here. Will not recommend to friends.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Frolzer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Juneau, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The staff were nice enough at first, but now they're (Mitch, the manager especially) downright disrespectful. They are in the stone age as far as technology goes.. I have had to get a new keycard three times now, for various reasons, and this one they just gave me took literally ten swipes to open the door. They misplaced the information that my booking agent had sent them, and upon my arrival today they demanded a credit card before I could get a working key to my room. I don't trust them with my credit card, nor the info so it took over an hour to get into MY paid room, where all my stuff is. I am out of the simple necessities such as soap for the dishwasher, so that's useless. The internet has gone out atleast a half-dozen times here. The last time I saw Mitch, his little dog was screaming it's head off at me, and he couldn't even say sorry. It's simple really Mitch, if you don't want to provide basic customer service, don't work in customer service! I am beyond ready to leave this place.
This last bit may not be their fault, but this place is really placed in the middle of Juneau's ghetto; a few days ago a lady's car alarm was going off intermittently ALL DAY LONG until the cops finally showed up around 7pm.
When I first arrived, they explained that cleaning was on Tuesdays and Thursdays, yet for some reason this Monday someone was in my room. Last week they slid a note through my door Sunday evening saying they would be rearranging furniture the next day (Monday), nothing happened Monday but Tuesday I arrive to see everything moved around. They really seem as if they feel free to enter and exit my room as they please, so long as I'm not around, which really makes me hesitant to leave any personal belongings behind.
And lastly, no black out curtains or anything? Really? It's bad enough that this place is on a highway, and the traffic gets pretty loud by 5-6am, but this time of year the sun is shining through the windows by 4am! I've heard that Juneau hotels can be bad, but atleast the Goldbelt has blackout curtains, and the Juneau Hotel atleast has onsite laundry. I couldn't imagine trying to vacation at a place like this, put me in a tent down the road.

Room Tip: Look for a room facing the slums, probably on the 4th floor, but don't expect your reservation t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Seth S

Travellers are raving about these Juneau hotels

Skagway, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

My wife and a friend stayed from Nov 11 to Nov15 while both (senior citizens) were in Juneau for medical appointments, arriving after 10:30 pm off the ferry. A specific room had been requested and reserved and upon check-in and arrival at the room it was not what my wife had requested. They found the smell of the restaurant (Indian food) permeating the lobby and elevators most unpleasant. The parking area was congested, dark and inconvenient. After speaking with the front desk the next morning, they repacked their luggage into the car, went to appointments, then had to check in again to a different room in a separate building, again with dark, inconvenient parking. The front desk staff were defensive and not customer friendly.
The vehicle was broken into and luggage stolen during the night before their 5:30 am check out and when the incident was reported the clerk told my wife that she had signed a waiver upon check in stating that she "parked at her own risk". This was not the case as she obtained a copy of her check in agreement which stated no such thing, from the manager when reporting the vandalism. He claimed there had never been a problem before and he would check into it, Now three weeks later, he has made no contact. Extremely poor customer service, rooms not clean, extremely congested, dark, inconvenient parking and most dissatisfying experience. Will not stay there again ever or recommend to anyone! They would have moved to a different hotel but everything they checked on in the valley was booked. next time it will be Aspen Suites where I stayed the week before and was extremely pleased!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Darrell H
Yelm, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed there two nights. First impressions were concerning; lobby has that "old hotel" smell, and there was a memo on the front desk in plain view that the staff was to shape up or ship out due to customer complaints. My room on the 3rd floor was very nice however. Unlike some other suite hotels in Juneau, this one had a bedroom seperate from the living/dining/kitchen area. Lots of room! There was a large spruce tree outside my window, I could watch Steller's Jay from the couch. Take your own shampoo and soap...none provided.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We asked for a quiet queen suite and that is what we got, along with plenty of privacy and storage. The service in the restaurant was great and we would recommend the food, both Indian and American. All of the staff were great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed for two nights (8/4 and 8/5), using the Norther Lights coupon. I had made the reservation on May 2nd for a "Queen Bunk Suite" for the five of us. When I got there late on the night of the 4th, the front desk person said she'd have to ask the manager if I could use the coupon. And after hearing a lot of silly excuses for why I could not use it, the manager acceded and said if we could use the coupon if we pay the rate of $199 plus tax even though my reservation confirmation said $169 plus tax. They reneged because the hotel was full. This is the reason the hotel is not getting four-plus stars.

The hotel is located less than a mile from the airport, and pretty close to the Mendenhall Glacier. About 30-minute bus ride from downtown. All of those were positives during our brief stay in Juneau. The neighborhood is a bit beat down, so that may dissuade some. But we found the people around to be very nice. Safeway is about 1 mile away, which made for a challenging walk in the rain, but it was warm enough so we did not mind.

One unexpected bonus was that there is an Indian restaurant in the hotel which made excellent Naans and rice to go with the pre-packaged curries we had brought with us.

Room Tip: The Queen Bunk Suite comfortably allowed the five of us to sleep. Kitchen was functional.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We arrived here after a wonderful stay at a B & B, so it was a hard transition. That being said, he motel was clean, although we had to ask 2 times for towels, soap and shampoo. Kitchenette was ample with a full size refrigerator. Very easy to get to and less than 5 min from airport--it is not near downtown however it's only about a 10 min. (easy) drive to downtown Juneau. There were a few restaurants within walking distance but we did not have time to check them out. Avoid the attached restaurant!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family