“Basic Place to Sleep”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
Westlake Village, California
“Basic Place to Sleep”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is probably the best of the Juneau Airport hotels. Nonetheless, I can only recommend it as a place to sleep if you have a quick overnight and an early flight to another destination. The room was basic and smelled of stale smoke even though it was supposed to be smoke-free. It has no real amenities worth bothering with. The pool is closed. The restaurant was poorly rated by guest reviews. Options nearby are poor. Rooms were of decent size and reasonably quiet. I changed my travel itinerary to avoid a planned return. The price of the room was about twice its value.

Room Tip: Insist on a "smoke-free" room if that is your preference.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Arizona
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Granted there are no Hiltons, Westins, Marriotts in Alaska.. yet I found the offering of this little hotel to be awesome. I like having comfortable beds and good shower -- which they had. Also they had a good TV selection like Hallmark, etc.. The rooms are large. We had two queens. Two blocks from McDonalds, which we walked for breakfast to get Oatmeal and Pancakes, open at least by 6am. At the end of their hotel is a Mexican restaurant, which we had their breakfast, reasonable prices and good food, open at 7:30am. Had oatmeal, french toast and omelets. Even though you are close to the airport, we didn't hear the planes and we had our windows open and fan going. They also have an indoor pool -- but it was closed for repairs. They had a 4 piece workout room, but didn't get to use, since we had so many activities planned. They also offer shuttles. I counted at least 3 vans. Also had coffee in their lobby and comfy chairs and TV was a good place to meet your party for outings. I really liked this cute hotel and friendly staff. Would highly recommend for others traveling to Alaska.

Room Tip: We stayed at the ends on the 3rd and 4th floor (room 303 and can't remember the other room). Ou...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Minneapolis
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Rates are very reasonable for Juneau, free shuttle to and from airport as well as the ferry terminal. Mexican restaurant attached that has good food and margaritas. Clean room but halls smelled of stale smoke. If you are bringing frozen fish from a fishing trip, it costs $10 a day to store your box. I have stayed there a number of times and will stay there again. Close to Nugget Mall.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Skagway, AK
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Have stayed here many times, staff is very helpful and polite, the rooms are clean with a wide variety of amenities. The pool is closed right now, but I seldom use it anyway. There is an in-hotel mexican restaurant or you can walk to the mall or several restaurants locally. The free shuttle to the ferry terminal or airport (which is walkable anyway) is very convenient.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have been staying here for almost three weeks now. For a hotel that is so close to the airport (less than a mile) there is very little noise. This is a very nice and quiet facility with a great staff. The Front Desk staff is very nice and helpful. The cleaning staff is likewise very nice and do a great job in cleaning the rooms.
I have read the previous three reviews. I did not have the same experiences. I have been here since Oct.14th, 2011 and the pool has been open every day with people swimming. Although I didn't go into the pool area it looked very clean. My room did NOT smell of bug spray nor did any part of the hotel I was in. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were changed very frequently. I have only had breakfast here twice and dinner three times. Each time the food was fairly good and the service was very good. In my room I did not have any problems adjusting the temperature. But I have to agree with the desk manager. If you cannot adjust the temperature in your room then open a window and/or turn on the fan and quit complaining about it.
For the price and proximity to the airport I don't think you are going to find anything that is much better than the Travelodge in Juneau. I would say this is very comparable to most hotels in a much higher price range in the Lower 48. I gave this a 4 Star rating only because it doesn't have a 3+ .

Room Tip: I asked for the top floor as I do at any hotel. There seems to be less noise and you have a little b...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
oregon
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Booked this hotel for it's indoor pool. Giant sign says pool out of service. When I ask "Robert" at the front desk he snickers about it, and says he doesn't know why it's closed or when it will be fixed. I asked what time we needed to leave the hotel to be on the ferry on time and he put us there 3 hours early. We also asked him to reserve the shuttle for us, but the next morning no one had any idea we needed a shuttle. We cancelled our 2nd night and the charge hit my credit card anyway! Luckily corporate straightened that out for us. The room was ok and the mexican restaurant attached was excellent -and surprise -they had great customer service. Robert could learn a few things from their waitstaff.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Place is a dump, only stay here as a last resort. Restaurant never got our breakfast out (after an hour), which almost caused us to be late for our meeting. The rooms stunk of bug spray.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business