“Worst hotel stay ever”

Travelodge Hotel Juneau
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I arrived at the hotel around 7 pm. After I introduce myself, the front desk guy says ," ID and Credit Card" no hello, no welcome,no please.
The bed was like a cement slab that had been covered in worn out terry cloth. I have never slept so poorly at a hotel. I was placed across from the ice machine and above the restaurant so it was noisy all night long.
The restaurant food is really bad. I couldn't even touch my eggs because they looked so gross, the hash browns were soaked in that yellow grease that most restaurants don't use anymore, so I just pushed the plate aside and ate my cold pancakes. The cashier/ hostess asked me if something was wrong. I told her that it just wasn't appetizing. Oh well, I still got to pay for it so that was something. My advise: Stay at the Aspen Suites. It was booked up, that is why I got stuck at the Travelodge, but never again will I give them my money. I have never felt so ripped off.

• Stayed: February 2014
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for sharing the details surrounding your recent visit at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel. We do regret the challenges you had with us during your stay and I would like to address some of your concerns. I will talk with Darshan, the Front Desk Agent who checked you in about his lack of proper greeting that did not make you feel welcome at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel. I also apologize that your room was across from the ice machine. Ice machines do get noisy and we would have gladly moved you had you requested. Your guest room was not over the restaurant as we do not have any guest rooms on our property that are over our restaurant and/or kitchen. The box springs and mattress in the guest rooms are Serta Plush (not pillow top) and every bed has a lush mattress pad, we triple sheet our beds and offer a wonderful waffle blanket that in between the two top sheets. Our staff attempted to offset your difficulties during your breakfast in the restaurant. When Chris noticed that you had pushed aside your eggs and hash browns she asked you what could we do to make it better and stated that you commented, oh nothing it's just me, sometimes eggs just turn me off. John was very attentive of your table and there was no mention that your pancakes were cold. Staff also took your food to the chef because of the comment card you left in the restaurant and they were not greasy hash browns in yellow grease. I believe that you were very unhappy that you were not able to stay at the Aspen Hotel, as that is your choice of lodging while in Juneau. It's a great hotel, we were not what you wanted during this stay. I do not think there was anything we could have done to make you happy. I am sorry, I just don't think we were all that bad.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Reviewed 1 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The hotel was clean but older in appearance. The shuttle driver could be much more friendly as could the front desk staff.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for your feedback - we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel. I will address customer service skills with the courtesy van drivers as well as the front desk associates. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to seeing you at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel on your next trip to Juneau.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Comfortable accommodations and quiet. Great Mexican restaurant inclusive. Conveniently located to Valley services and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for your feedback - we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to seeing you at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel on your next trip to Juneau.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Very happy with both my room and the services at the Travelodge. An excellent bargain. I'd stay there again. And would recommend the hotel to others.