“Overpriced and poor customer service!! STAY AWAY FROM”

Travelodge Hotel Juneau
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Terrible Hotel to stay at! The shuttle driver that picked us up at the airport didn't know the correct times the shuttle would run the next day. The hotel was dirty and looked like it still belonged in the 1950's era. I've paid less for a room and stayed at much nicer hotel with a more comfortable bed and better/stable wifi connection. Every level of the hotel had zero water bottles in their pop machines, staff told us the main level didn't have one when it did. Also be prepared to bring your own cup to rinse your mouth after brushing your teeth as there weren't any in our room. We also needed to get to the cruise terminal to catch the ship so we took the shuttle and the driver knew where we needed to go but dropped us off in a abandoned parking lot instead. We had multiple pieces of luggage with us but she left us and told us to walk there. Would have been better customer service if she took the time to drive the extra 5 minutes and took us right to the terminal or close to it, instead of having to walk 10 minutes with our luggage and asking people for directions. Would not recommend this and would never stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

I apologize that your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel did not meet your expectations during your trip to Juneau. I have talked with our courtesy shuttle drivers and have quizzed them as to our times of departure into downtown Juneau, making sure that they are able to pass this information on to our guests.

Our courtesy shuttle makes 3 scheduled trips into downtown Juneau daily if requested by our guests. Our courtesy shuttle is not allowed to transport our guests to the cruise ship terminals as is mandated by the City & Borough of Juneau. All shuttles to the cruise ship terminals must be permitted for that service. Our shuttles are permitted for airport pickup and unloading only. When we take our guests into downtown Juneau as a courtesy our drop off and pickup point has always been Centennial Hall.

I apologize that housekeeping failed to place coffee cups and drinking glasses in your guest room. I know this was an oversight but I will talk with them again on making sure all supplies are replenished correctly.

I hope that the rest of your Alaskan cruise was pleasant and that you were able to enjoy the beauty of our great state.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel and hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel is within easy walking distance of the Juneau Airport (the hotel offers shuttle service). Since the weather was nice and walk was shorter than waiting from the shuttle to return from another trip, I walked in both directions.

I stay at this hotel was my final leg of my flight from Seattle to Gustavus was cancelled and I was left in Juneau with no advanced notice. I need overnight accommodations to wait for the next flight. The room was clean and I noticed no problems. The wi-fi service worked with no problems.

One nice thing is that there is a city bus that runs from the Juneau airport to downtown Juneau.

I write a separate review of the attached restaurant--the short summary is: better average Mexican food, especially for Alaska.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback - we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to seeing you at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel on your next trip to Juneau.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Curtains are 99.9% daylight blocking specially in summer time with almost no total darkness and 18 hours daylight. Prices are reasonable. they have the Mi Casa restaurants attached to the hotel so you can charge the bill to your room.
This is the only hotel I stay at in Juneau anyways.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Travelodge. The room was clean. I needed some toothpastge and the front desk provided some for me. Staff are very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Juneau Travelodge Hotel, it is feedback such as yours which allows us to keep improving each guest’s hotel experience. The Juneau Travelodge Hotel strives to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service to each and every guest who stays with us. I hope that during your stay you were able to dine at our onsite Mi Casa Restaurant and received your 15% guest discount.

Thank you again for your business we truly appreciate it! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Juneau.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My stay there was absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend it to everyone. The peace and quiet was just what I needed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business