“Average is not bad”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
Silver Spring, MD
“Average is not bad”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I say that this hotel is average, I always struggle with rating something like this because I guess it's excellent for what it is, which is a plain and simple airport hotel, so I split the difference and rated it Very Good.

This hotel is totally fine. Clean, quiet, walkable from the airport, restaurant attached. I was slightly annoyed that there are no shuttles to the downtown area after 5pm, DONT TAKE A TAXI, it was $30 each way, which is obscene for a 10 minute ride, but i didn't know it would be that much until I was already there and had no choice but to pay for the return ride.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback - we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to seeing you at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel on your next trip to Juneau.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Great Lunch menu, I saw many type of meals brought to the guests in the restaurant. Blended drinks fresh from the lounge were great. Wait staff provided non stop service to see that all guests had their needs met. Generous portion of food to suffice the biggest appetite. Hats off MiCasa.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback - we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at Mi Casa Restaurant. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to seeing you at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel or Mi Casa Restaurant on your next trip to Juneau.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We found ourselves a bit disappointed with our stay. We payed extra because there were four of us in the room but they only gave us three towels. When we asked for more they wanted to charge us. We were disappointed that the jacuzzi tub in the pool area was converted to a "soaking tub". The hotel seems a bit outdated and a little shabby, but the rooms were clean and we slept well.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank CCBake
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
I apologize that your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel did not meet your expectations during your trip to Juneau. We do not and never have charged our guests for extra linen in their guest room so I am not sure who gave you incorrect information. We also provide an entire extra set of linens in the bottom drawer of the dresser in every guest room.

We do not have a Jacuzzi on our property, just the 'hot soaking tub' so I apologize. We do not advertise anywhere that we have a Jacuzzi, just an indoor heated pool. We hope that our guests are happy to see the 'hot soaking tub'.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Terrible Hotel to stay at! The shuttle driver that picked us up at the airport didn't know the correct times the shuttle would run the next day. The hotel was dirty and looked like it still belonged in the 1950's era. I've paid less for a room and stayed at much nicer hotel with a more comfortable bed and better/stable wifi connection. Every level of the hotel had zero water bottles in their pop machines, staff told us the main level didn't have one when it did. Also be prepared to bring your own cup to rinse your mouth after brushing your teeth as there weren't any in our room. We also needed to get to the cruise terminal to catch the ship so we took the shuttle and the driver knew where we needed to go but dropped us off in a abandoned parking lot instead. We had multiple pieces of luggage with us but she left us and told us to walk there. Would have been better customer service if she took the time to drive the extra 5 minutes and took us right to the terminal or close to it, instead of having to walk 10 minutes with our luggage and asking people for directions. Would not recommend this and would never stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I apologize that your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel did not meet your expectations during your trip to Juneau. I have talked with our courtesy shuttle drivers and have quizzed them as to our times of departure into downtown Juneau, making sure that they are able to pass this information on to our guests.

Our courtesy shuttle makes 3 scheduled trips into downtown Juneau daily if requested by our guests. Our courtesy shuttle is not allowed to transport our guests to the cruise ship terminals as is mandated by the City & Borough of Juneau. All shuttles to the cruise ship terminals must be permitted for that service. Our shuttles are permitted for airport pickup and unloading only. When we take our guests into downtown Juneau as a courtesy our drop off and pickup point has always been Centennial Hall.

I apologize that housekeeping failed to place coffee cups and drinking glasses in your guest room. I know this was an oversight but I will talk with them again on making sure all supplies are replenished correctly.

I hope that the rest of your Alaskan cruise was pleasant and that you were able to enjoy the beauty of our great state.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel and hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Travellers are raving about these Juneau hotels

Washngton, DC
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel is within easy walking distance of the Juneau Airport (the hotel offers shuttle service). Since the weather was nice and walk was shorter than waiting from the shuttle to return from another trip, I walked in both directions.

I stay at this hotel was my final leg of my flight from Seattle to Gustavus was cancelled and I was left in Juneau with no advanced notice. I need overnight accommodations to wait for the next flight. The room was clean and I noticed no problems. The wi-fi service worked with no problems.

One nice thing is that there is a city bus that runs from the Juneau airport to downtown Juneau.

I write a separate review of the attached restaurant--the short summary is: better average Mexican food, especially for Alaska.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Curtains are 99.9% daylight blocking specially in summer time with almost no total darkness and 18 hours daylight. Prices are reasonable. they have the Mi Casa restaurants attached to the hotel so you can charge the bill to your room.
This is the only hotel I stay at in Juneau anyways.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Sterling, Alaska
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Travelodge. The room was clean. I needed some toothpastge and the front desk provided some for me. Staff are very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Juneau Travelodge Hotel, it is feedback such as yours which allows us to keep improving each guest’s hotel experience. The Juneau Travelodge Hotel strives to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service to each and every guest who stays with us. I hope that during your stay you were able to dine at our onsite Mi Casa Restaurant and received your 15% guest discount.

Thank you again for your business we truly appreciate it! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Juneau.