“Mixed Bag”

Travelodge Hotel Juneau
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed three nights. Our flight was late, so when we checked in, it was after nine p.m. and the young man at the front desk (Travis) was all alone and trying to answer the phone, check in guests, locate his shuttle driver, and answer questions, all at once. He did really well, was very polite, and is an amazing multi-tasker. The man ahead of us was irritated by the constant interruptions to his check-in process, I could tell, but Travis was doing the best he could given that he seemed to be the only person on duty.

The room appeared clean and neat, although we were amused by the fact that a black hair we noticed in the corner of the bathroom counter when we checked in on Sunday evening was still there when we checked out Wednesday morning. Maybe it was a mascot of some sort. The room was very warm, but the two oscillating fans provided kept the room comfortable all night. The beds were comfortable and the linens were not worn.

There was a smell of sewage in the lobby when we checked in, but it had dissipated by the third day. I don't know what the issue was, but when I asked my husband as we were standing in line if he smelled what I smelled, and he said he did, the woman behind us mentioned that she had noticed it as well. The elevator, hallways, and our room were fine and did not have the same odor. It was most noticable as one entered the lobby doors from outside.

We did not try the restaurant, although a friend of ours who has stayed here says it's very good. The pool appeared to be clean. We did not use the shuttle. The hotel is conveniently located. Daytime staff generally acknowledged us as we passed through the lobby and our interactions with them were fine.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Juneau Travelodge Hotel, it is feedback such as yours which allows us to keep improving each guest’s hotel experience. The Juneau Travelodge Hotel strives to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service to each and every guest who stays with us. Travis is a great front desk agent and I will recognize him special in our next staff meeting. I will also talk with housekeeping about being more thorough in the guest rooms and especially when it comes to hair.

Thank you again for your business we truly appreciate it! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Juneau.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hotel Juneau

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I specificaly wanted WIFI and it was a very poor connection. I never got anything to load even though I had bars. The hotel also seemed very noisy all night... I was woken up several times.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

I apologize that your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel did not meet your expectations during your trip to Juneau. We have just recently switched our WiFi over to a new company in hopes that the speed improves to the highest level available in Alaska. This summer there was an earthquake in Gustavus, Alaska that affected our internet service as well as a major power outage that also affected our internet service.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The facility is great
The rooms as I have found before have no air circulation in them. My room was very hot and stuffy.
You do provide a fan and the window opened fine but the fan cord was to short and so I called down to the font destwednesday night and ask if there was a way that I could get a extention cord the young man said I think so but I have to ask. It never arrived and I never got a call back saying he could not get one.
The stay was nice thank you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for your feedback - we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel. I will talk with the front desk staff about following through and completing guest requests. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to seeing you at the Juneau Travelodge Hotel on your next trip to Juneau.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Like the motel! Second visit. Poor room location on inner walkway with window only to the walkway. Noisy because of walkway. One lamp did not work and staff offered no assistance. Had to unplug the lamp to turn if off.
Good shower! Motel property aging. Needs more maintenance. Good restaurant. Staff very good! Friendly! Helpful with the exception noted above. Daily room clean erratice; missed a couple of days. Will always stay there and will recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
jnumanager, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Juneau Travelodge Hotel, it is feedback such as yours which allows us to keep improving each guest’s hotel experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will talk with housekeeping about the lamp in your room. The Juneau Travelodge Hotel strives to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service to each and every guest who stays with us. I hope that during your stay you were able to dine at our onsite Mi Casa Restaurant and received your 15% guest discount.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Staff was very helpful, my room was clean and comfortable with all the amenities. Very close to the airport with an excellent hiking trail just a couple of blocks away. The trail is about 2.5 miles long and good for walking or jogging. The restaurant is very good with a wide variety of selection. I have stayed at this facility a dozen times and have yet to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Every time I have stayed there the room has been good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the Juneau Travelodge Hotel, it is feedback such as yours which allows us to keep improving each guest’s hotel experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The Juneau Travelodge Hotel strives to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service to each and every guest who stays with us. I hope that during your stay you were able to dine at our onsite Mi Casa Restaurant and received your 15% guest discount.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The staff was great - the exception was that one day I left my room before 8:00 am and returned around 2:00 and the room had not been attended to - other than that, I cannot say anything negative. One staff member even helped me carry my luggage down to the first floor. Totally unexpected and totally appreciated!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for taking the time to review the Juneau Travelodge Hotel, it is feedback such as yours which allows us to keep improving each guest’s hotel experience. The Juneau Travelodge Hotel strives to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service to each and every guest who stays with us. I hope that during your stay you were able to dine at our onsite Mi Casa Restaurant and received your 15% guest discount.