“Mouse droppings!!”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Alaska
“Mouse droppings!!”
Reviewed 13 March 2007

We stayed at the Travel Lodge on our honeymoom 19 years ago and were excited about going back. I knew it wouldn't be the same after, almost, 20 years but I never expected to be so disappointed. The place was filthy and the service is unprofessional. When checking in I noticed the lobby floor and entry were dirty. I thought it was because of all the traffic. I know a lot of workers stay here when traveling too and from the mine camps. When we checked into our room the carpet was filthy and stained. The shower was terrible, the spray so weak couldn't even rinse off let alone rinse the soap out of my hair. I had to call the front desk and ask for more towels, they had left only 2, even though we checked in with 4 people. The front desk told me to find the maid on that floor and get "extra" towels. I found the maid a few doors down from our room, and noticed it was a nicer room, with a semi clean floor, so I called and asked to change rooms because of the dirty floor and weak shower pressure. This was at 8:30 in the morning. She said she would work in getting me a new room and call me back. We waited until 11:00 for her to call back and she never did. In the meanwhile, I was roaming the hall and noticed many empty rooms on our floor. I finally called the front desk and told her we had to leave the hotel because we had appointments we had to keep. She told us we would have to check out of the hotel and check back in at 3:00p.m. if we wanted a different room. I told her we couldn't come back because we had plans for the whole day and could'nt we move down the hall to one of the many empyt rooms?. She said she had paying customers who had reserved those rooms with credit cards and couln't fill them. I wondered what our reservations meant, which we had made weeks in advance with a credit card. So I finally relented (we had appointments we couldn't miss) and said we would keep the room if they would clean the carpet and change the shower head which she aggreed to do. We came back to the room and did find the carpet had been vacumed, the stains were still there, and the shower pressure was better, (although the spray came out in a big circle and made it impossible to rinse your hair) but the beds werent made! I have never had to make our own beds at a hotel before. This was a first. The next day our coffee pot wasn't set up with all the condiments, and the third day they didn't even vacume! When packing to leave, my husband was going through the dresser to make sure we had everything and found a pile of mouse droppings! We also tried the restaurant down stairs, the Mi Casa, it was really terrible. Wasn't even close to authentic Mexican food. I called for breakfast one morning and they said it would take 15-20 minutes. We waited 40 minutes and when they showed up the food was cold and really bad. This place is a real dump.

• Liked — close to good shopping and airport
  • Disliked — filthy!
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank flaggergirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)