“Won't Go Back”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Won't Go Back”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I decided to visit the store as the cruise ship gave coupons for free charms. They do have some beautiful jewelry but the hard sales approach was most uncomfortable and annoying. I might have purchased something had they left me alone to leisurely view their jewelry. I felt like like a carcass with the vultures circling and landing. Their jewelry is marked extremely high but they are quick to start "giving you a deal". Not my idea of a peaceful vacation activity.

Visited August 2013
6 Thank PV260
ATekel, Manager at Diamonds International, responded to this review, 19 December 2015
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to review our store and service,
We apologize for this experience, we have worked hard on costumer service and having the best staff in our stores,
We hope on your next vacation you visit us and we can make up for this,

Have a lovely day,

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Biggest Scammers at ports”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Got scammed really hard buying from Diamond International. They lie about everything, it's either they are trained that way or the sales people are just not trained at all. I knew more about the diamonds than the sales people circling me like sharks. I ended up buying something that I could have gotten for half the price if I shopped locally. DO NOT SHOP AT DIAMOND INTERNATIONAL there are so many better jewelery stores in ports.

Visited July 2013
6 Thank JoanneHHe
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our stores, we greatly appreciate all feedback as we use it to make our company better.

On behalf of Diamonds International I would like to sincerely apologize for your negative experience in store, as a company we pride ourselves on the upmost of customer satisfaction.

Please email us at alaskamarketing@shopdi.com to follow up and revise your case completely until we find a solution that is most satisfying for you.

Melbourne, Australia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Watch out for this company and their employees”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Watch out for this company and their employees.
We have just returned from the World Pacific Cruise on the Dawn Princess. We were unfortunate to go into this store and purchase some diamond earring studs on the recommendation of Princess Cruises representative. I have worn these diamond earrings 4 times and discovered one had come loose from its setting. We contacted the Diamonds Internation in Juneau on the e-mail address that is on their invoice and it is not operational. We have also tried to contact them through their website and they have not responded.
We have also tried to call the International Syke number with no response.
It certainly was pressure sales tactics. The thing that we also noted that we were told that the diamonds were 2 carat, but in fact they were 1.85, another lie.
Wish we had read trip advisor before we went into this horrible place!!!!!!

Visited September 2012
14 Thank Del255100
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our stores,
On behalf of Diamonds International I would like to sincerely apologize for your negative experience,

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Scam”
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

I did not buy anything from Di in any of the ports of call and after reading these reviews I'm glad I didn't. I have never felt so pressured to buy jewelry as I did while I was in the Juneau store. Our Holland America shopping advisor made everything sound wonderful and they give you coupons to get a free charm bracelet and charms in every port. That is how they reel you in and in every jewelry store we entered (except for Julie's in Kechilan) i felt like the sharks were circling and there was blood in the water.

11 Thank KCabbage
Dear Valued Guest,
We sincerely apologize on behalf of Diamonds International about the experience you had, We have worked hard to have the best staff and costumer service in our stores, and we hope you visit us in your next vacation and give us your opinion,
Have a wonderful day,
Fort Mohave, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“How long waiting for a minor repair”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I went to Alaska in July 2011 to celebrate our 25th anniversary on Princess Cruises and at the urging of the ships shopping guides we went to the Diamonds international store in Juneau to upgrade my wifes wedding ring. She chose a 1.3 karat stone and a white gold setting with several smaller stones (an appraised value of over $9000), When the stone was set the ring was several sizes to large for my wife, but the Diamonds international clerk refused to have it sized stating that since we were from Arizona, my wife's hand had shrunk in the cold Alaska air, instead they put two sharp bumps inside the ring. When they returned the ring to us two of the smaller stones were missing, again the clerk told us this was the style, having only minutes to get back to the ship we left, opting to deal with DI when we returned home. After getting home I contacted DI and they gladly took the ring in for repairs (all shipping costs at my expense), when the ring finally returned home, sized and with the two stones replaced, it was in my wife's possession for a matter of days when the replaced stones fell out! I contacted DI and again went through the process of returning the ring to them (this time they were not as cheerful or friendly) and again at my own expense (though the ring is under a warranty), this time the ring has been gone for over a month and still we have no word on when to expect its return, no word whats so ever from DI. this ring has been with them longer then its been on my wife's hand! We sent a written complaint to Princess cruises and have not even gotten back a "not our problem" email, this situation is ridiculous! Think twice before shopping at DI! and were second guessing our decision to take a Princess Cruise.

Visited July 2011
22 Thank Wes D
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the situation you had to go through