“Absolutely Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crooked Creek Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kasilof
Crooked Creek Retreat
Ranked #1 of 5 Kasilof B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Cushing, Texas
“Absolutely Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

As we stepped off The Stage Line at Crooked Creek Retreat and were greeted by a yearling moose, Auntie Dorothy and her faithful dog Clyde, our wonderful 5 night stay began. The lodge was immaculate, spacious and decorated with everything Alaska. Our friends came later in the day for a fun filled week. We stayed in the Moose Room with a deck overlooking Crooked Creek which became our quiet, peaceful haven after a long day of fishing. Carson, Jake and Dustin of Russell Fishing Co. were fun and knowledgeable guides for our river, fly-out and halibut fishing trips. We had lots of fun and caught lots of fish--all due to Dorothy's and Jessica's scheduling. And, FOOD, FOOD, FOOD--not just cold cereal or a pop tart but gourmet breakfasts and dinner was not just hamburgers, stew and hot dogs--we had pork loin, prime rib, halibut and much, much more. 5 STAR!!! We begged Dorothy for a lunch box when we were leaving. Crooked Creek is definitely the place to stay if you want to experience an awesome time! Dorothy and her staff cater to your every need(even ear plugs to block out a snoring husband) and makes you feel like family. In casual conversation, don't forget to ask Auntie Dorothy about Fletch--she has some wonderful stories. We highly recommend Crooked Creek and will absolutely tell all our Texas friends.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

I've been thinking a couple days about what to write and I think I've got it. Crooked Creek Retreat is my home away from home. From the moment I arrived I knew that it was going to be an amazing place. Dorothy immediately greeted us at the door and showed us around her beautiful log home. The rooms were spacious and cozy, decorated with a different kind of animal, mine being the black bear room. The room and bathroom were cleaned daily always looking spotless.
The food!!! Dorothy's food belongs in a five star restaurant! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner all amazing food! Fresh maple syrup and reindeer sausage in the morning. Lunches packed with home baked goodies and snacks. Every dinner was absolutely incredible, red meat, fish, everything. And always a snack set out if you get the munchies.
Auntie Dorothy. So much to say about such an incredible person. She loving, inviting, caring, funny, and so so much more. Always full of good stories, ready to help you with anything and everything. She will plan a fishing trip on short notice or set up a weeks worth full of fun and adventure. I will never forget how amazing she is and how special she made my vacation. And Clyde!!! My bestfriend Clyde! A loving companion that will never leave your side. Always there to put a smile on your face and to romp around with. Be aware, when Clyde comes running at you be prepared :]
Staying at the Crooked Creek Retreat has made this vacation my favorite. I guarantee I will be back there many times in the future for another wonderful experience. Thank you Auntie Dorothy for such an amazing experience :]

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2010

We spent seven days at the lodge and used it as our home base to discover the area. We fished two days with Dustin of the lodge (one for halibut and one for king salmon), canoed, hiked two days, and went for a Fjord cruise. It was an outstanding trip. The Crooked Creek Retreat was clean and comfortable - both the rooms and common areas, provided more good food than we could possibly eat, and had an attentive and friendly staff. This is an excellent place to stay, particularly on the Kenai Peninsula, as it appeared that the accomodation and restuarant options where not near the quality of the Crooked Creek. The rates were not inexpensive but very fair for the quality of the food and accomodations. There were other guests at the lodge, but they were all pleasure to meet and respectful of our family's 'space'. We stayed in the Moose room and loved the porch, but it is adjacent to the common and can be a little noisy if other guests are socializing late at night or preparing for an early morning fishing trip. As advertised, Clyde the lodge dog was awesone. We considered him a family member and wanted to take him home.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

Best service, Wildlife viewings, and gormet food our family has found up here in Alaska. This fishing lodge was perfect for our family, even though only one of us was fishing. The family owned and operated lodge and fishing charter service were extremly acomidating, especially with meals for non fish eaters! We were welcomed as dear friends and would be back in a heartbeat. Wishing dorothy and her enthusiastic sidekick clyde a great season!
The Beduhn family, Michigan.

• Stayed June 2010
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2010

I stayed at Crooked Creek Lodge in the 'off-season' and it felt like time spent with a good friend! The lodge is massive, yet cozy. I was treated like a friend, yet given time to be by myself. The path is a friend's house is never long. Yet I long to return to Dorothy's place.
Her attention to me was incredible, the culinary masterpieces absolutly surprized me and Coho and Clyde added so much warmth and welcome.
Crooked Creek Lodge is an incredible retreat. For those who long for a quiet time by a crackling fire, with a hot cup of cocoa and home-made brownies on a cold night, with a friend, then come 'home' to Crooked Creek.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Sonoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

We were in Kasilof for part of a trip based around the Iditarod and visiting my son who is living in Kasilof as a dog handler for Iditarod runner Bruce Linton. What a great experience. We were particularly lucky in that we were the only guests that week with Dorothy treating us as family...always with some special treat. Amazing home made breakfasts with fresh eggs (gathered them myself!) , reindeer sausage... she even made her own sour cream - Incredible....always fresh and something fantastic and different every morning ... I think she should have cooking classes! I was particularly grateful that she always included my son and made sure he had a great breakfast and a comfortable place to hang out with us!
Crooked Creek Retreat is huge with large, beautiful rooms and lots of places to just relax and enjoy the incredible views. I love the moose and eagles right out the door! (we were there in winter so no fishing but the Crooked Creek is right out back.) Fun memorabilia everywhere to just enjoy, or tons of books, games.
I would still be there if I could... What a great experience.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GailSonoma
Clearwater, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2010

This was such a fabulous find. The house is beautiful inside,decorated with all stuff Alaska. The rooms all have a different theme and very tastefully done. Great place for 2 people or a group. Dorothy is the added bonus. She makes you feel right at home and we really loved her dogs(they are only allowed in the common areas) Our room was amazing-very private and spacious. I am so grateful for TripAdvisor that I found this place because the other place I had almost booked was horrible when I saw it. This is a jewel on the Kenai and I would recommend it to everyone. Just call and talk to Dorothy and you will be sold just like I was. I will definately stay there again when I go to Alaska.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kasilof
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge
Ocean Bluff Bed and Breakfast
Kenai Bed & Breakfast
Kenai Bed & Breakfast
#5 of 5 in Kasilof

Been to Crooked Creek Retreat? Share your experiences!