“Beautiful Park” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 16 Speciality Lodging in Kenai
Hobart, Australia
“Beautiful Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Our best park so far in Alaska, the choice of treed areas or open gravel areas. The staff were extremely helpful and the facilities extremely clean. Sensational views from the view deck. Great strong WiFi. We liked the theme to the park old town theme very interesting and they are continuing to improve the park with information readily accessible for all to see, they have farm tours no charge, and many theme nights. All the information is given to you when you arrive. Our only negative was no cable tv, yes only a small negative. We travelled in a motorhome.

Room Tip: Get a spot amongst the trees
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ronna M, Owner at Diamond M Ranch Resort, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
It was so nice to have you stay with us in July 2013 and we are glad you trip was fabulous!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Clifton Park, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed here for one night. An interesting concept of 'Old Miner/town" theme, which I liked. Incredible views from the veranda with the possiblity of seeing wild life. (we did not see any) However, my daughter refused to go outside due to the overwhelming smell of rotting Salmon offal which is apparently deposited in the field next door.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NatalieF101
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Our family stayed just one night and felt welcome from the minute we arrived. The rv site we rented was in the trees and was a perfect site for our family. It wasclose to tent hill where on the night we stayed there was a community marshmallow roast. We arrived late to the roast and were cheerfully greeted by the staff and owners. Our family enjoyed exploring the nearby trails and corrals. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2012
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Made reservations with a group for 2 nights. One member of group decided to stay 4 nights. So staff changed everyone to 4 nights. After being told they messed up they said that we got the "buddy" rate and it would be more expensive to pay for only 2 nights. The math doesn't add up on that one. So for 2 nights I paid $113 dollars to stay in a pasture with cows. Then when buddy that stayed 4 days checked out they charged him an extra 50 saying I still owed a balence. Poor customer service. Will never stay there again and I recommend the same to any hard working American.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Tallman32
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

Only four bathrooms for entire campsite, which had well over a hundred rv's. Camp ground security was poorly run, and the camp master knocked on our camper at 2 am , to tell us we had to buy a permit to set up our tent . We booked our reservations four months in advance, and I regret ever staying at this site.

• Stayed July 2012
      Rooms
3 Thank Bob54386666
Palmer, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

I booked a campsite for the weekend. We arrived to find a nice campground, If you wanted to camp in a large Hay Field with Llamas walking free. However, security refused to do deal with the folks drinking and being very loud till 1am.
There are only 4 bathroom/showers for well over 100 people.We were also banned from the grounds. The owner did not like the way i was filleting my fish. I have be a professional charter boat Captain and deckhand for the last 15 years. I have filleted thousands and thousands of fish. I consider myself someone who will use the whole fish, waste nothing and follow the law. The law states what must be salvaged from the fish, and if someone wastes fish on purpose than it its illegal. I follow these laws since I work in the fishing industry.

I was at the fillet tables and the owner grabbed my knife out my hand and told me to stop wasting fish. After I told him to stop and I knew what I was doing he told me this would be the last time I was allowed to stay at his campground.

I was already not planning on returning to the campground as I find the state run campground better, but since I was banned for no good reason I guess I don't have a choice. T

Room Tip: Stay in an RV
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank gokorn1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Aspen Extended Stay Suites
#3 of 5 in Kenai
Salmon Catcher Lodge
Salmon Catcher Lodge
#4 of 16 in Kenai

Been to Diamond M Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!