“Look forward to going back to the lodge!”
Review of Tower Rock Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenai
Tower Rock Lodge
Ranked #2 of 17 Speciality Lodging in Kenai
Houston, Texas, United States
“Look forward to going back to the lodge!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My trip was a great experience. I can´t wait to go back. Mike and Mark Tuhy were excellent hosts. The staff was ever so accomodating. And the guides were great guys and very knoweldgeable. I really enjoyed the facilities and the opportunity to fish "at will" even after a good day on the water. The atmosphere was laid back without being unattentive. And although the fish were not always obliging, Mike and his crew did everything they could to put us in the best circumstances to get the big one. The place lived up to its billing.

Room Tip: I stayed in the lodge, which was just fine. I think, however, that the cabins are a little roomier a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The Lodge was outstanding, staff were great. Look out for Mike and Mark (twins) playing tricks on you to get you mixed up with who is who. The guides were awesome as well, very knowledgable and fun. If you are going to Alaska for some fishing, DEFINITELY recommend this Lodge!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Forest, Mississippi
Reviewed 8 August 2013

awesome! highly recommend. my son and I had a father and son fishing trip of a lifetime. My son when asked about the trip tells others that it was a trip of a lifetime. We had something planned every day and with the help of the great staff at Tower Rock Lodge and their excellent guides we slept very well ever night despite the sun going down late and coming up early! this was truly a well organized lodge that served great meals and catered to the guests staying there from all over the United States when we were there. needless to say the staff and guides were well versed in all areas. it was truly a trip to remember!

Room Tip: just remember the sun sets late and rises early so be prepared to stay busy!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2013

i booked this trip for husband's 50 th Birthday present and I had just as much fun! The team made sure everyone was busy catching fish, eating wonderful meals ( Chef Tommy is outstanding!) and owner Mike and his team of professional fishing guides were always on the scout for the best fishing experiences you can get. with a staff of experienced guides who are always present, you never get bored with the Alaskan fish and hunting stories. These guys wanted every guest to catch! ( coming home with 120 lbs of sockeye, silvers and halibut filet) What is especially nice is that they provide everything; all equipment raingear, waders, rods, reels, etc. All we had to do was show up! Special thanks to guides Bubba, Burner, D-Money,Joe, Dan, and Big Game, who showed particular kindness and patience to a few elderly guest in their 80's. You guys made them feel special, I'm sure!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SLReilly
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Tower Rock Lodge is cause for celebration: Everything about it is absolutely wonderful!

I turned 70 last spring. At my birthday party, my wife presented me with a card with this message: "My present to you, love, is the fishing trip of your dreams. Pick it out, and it is yours."

After doing extensive research, I chose the Orvis Ultimate Fishing Trip at the Tower Rock Lodge. I arrived with expectations on stilts, and the good folks at Tower Rock Lodge more than fulfilled my high hopes. Mike & Mark Tuhy (the twin brothers who own and mange the loge) bend over backwards to make certain you have a great time. Want to customize your fishing trips? No problem: You state your request, and they make it happen! The entire staff is awesome. The fishing guides are"terrific" -- as in absolutely first rate. Joe, Burner, D-$, and Bubba know their business. They put you on fish, and when you mess up a cast and make a gordian knot of the line and leader, they display enough patience and good cheer to qualify for sainthood. Moreover, the chief and the serving staff are outstanding. The food is delicious and plentiful, hands down the best I have eaten in any lodge, and the wines are excellent and perfectly matched with the cuisine. Alexis (great gal) and the other women who serve you are unfailingly pleasant, helpful and efficient. Finally, the lodge and the cabins are spotless -- and the cleaning staff makes certain you have everything you need to be comfortable. I stepped on my glasses in the dark one evening, and Alexis took them into town, got them repaired and I wore them the next morning. In short, these folks do their best to keep you on the water, with a big smile on your face.

Day in and day out, the fish stole the show. They hit like freight trains and fought like lions. I caught halibut, trout, dollies, and sockeye salmon until my arms ached. Trust me: You have not lived until you catch a 10 lb. sockeye on a fly rod! Fun! Fun! Fun!

To all the good folks at Tower Rock Lodge: Thank you, thank you very much, indeed.

To my wife: You succeeded! Castle Rock Lodge was the best fishing trip of my life. I always will be glad and grateful I got to fish there.

Room Tip: If possible stay in the cabins, they are really nice. That said, the rooms in the Lodge are terrifi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2013

On a last minute trip, we managed to work in two fine days at Tower Rock. It was superb. The flyout to Crescent Lake was magnificent (and Joe is among the finest guides ever!). Everything was well oiled and lots of fun. The staff were terrific and the location was beautiful. We had a great time fishing, enjoyed the company and loved the lodge. All in all a perfect way to get my wife to love fishing. Even though she was doing me a favor by going, she now counts the place as among her favorite places ever.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dfeige
Owings Mills, Maryland
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Having recently returned from my sixth season fishing at Tower Rock Lodge, I find myself eagerly making arrangements for next year. The accommodations at the lodge are pleasant and comfortable. In fact, my wife came for the first time this year and she enjoyed her stay at the lodge much to my amazement and delight. Alexis and her cleaning staff go above and beyond the call of duty to meet your every need. The meals are delicious and they are more than willing to cater to everyone’s tastes. Mike and Mark Tuhy and the guides make your fishing experience a trip of a lifetime. They are eager to see that each guest has an experience he will remember. I’ve caught Silvers, Sockeyes, Dollys , Rainbows, and Halibut on the various guided trips. Each day the fishing schedule is posted in the dining hall depending on local fishing reports. The shoreline in front of the lodge is excellent for ripping for Reds, Silvers and Pinks depending on the time of the year. There is much opportunity to meet guests from all walks of life who enjoy discussing their day’s experiences after dinner. A real treat this year was a moose and her two calves grazing on the property. When you leave to pick up your fish from the processor and head toward Anchorage for the plane ride home, you realize that your fantastic fishing adventure has come to an end. However, you depart with lasting memories and dreams of returning again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mathvet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Kenai River Lodge
Kenai Airport Hotel
#2 of 5 in Kenai
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge
Beluga Lookout Lodge & RV Park

Been to Tower Rock Lodge? Share your experiences!