“Fantastic Time”
Review of Tower Rock Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenai
Tower Rock Lodge
Ranked #3 of 18 Speciality Lodging in Kenai
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We loved our five days at Tower Rock Lodge. The accommodations were very comfortable, the food great and the fishing was beyond expectations. None of us (3 ladies) were experienced with fishing and the guides were more than patient with our antics and I am sure we were quite entertaining. We caught lots of fish some of which we brought on the plane and the rest was shipped overnight arriving safely. We went halibut fishing, did a fly in to Wolverine Creek and spend time on the Kenai River in several different areas. We saw bears, Moose and even a caribou right at the lodge. Mike Tuhy is a great host and the guides and everyone else made us feel right at home. We are going to book next year.......

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This was our 2nd year back to the Lodge, the first for our son. All of us had an awesome experience. The fishing was slow but we still took a lot of fish to our different homes PA, CA,AK.
If you have a special need they bend our backwards to help. Our last night there, they had a cake for our daughter, who will be getting married in November. I would absolutely come back.
Thank you, Burner,Alexis, Jason, Tom, Leah, D$ for the memories. I apologize if I forgot anyone,

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My dad and I came here for a summer fishing trip in late July / early August. While the fish weren't running that well, we still had a great trip. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time and to make sure we got every second of fishing in as we could. Their goal is to make sure we have a good time and nothing else. The guides are seasoned and know the river incredibly well. Every meal was fantastic and we never went away hungry. I look forward to making another trip in a few years. Thanks again Tower Rock!

Room Tip: If you are with a larger group (more than four) the lodge is the way to go. If it's four or less...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Tower Rock Lodge will beat your expectations. The guides, fishing, lodging, and food are great. We just fished for Reds and Silvers 2 weeks ago and limited out on both daily. We loved it!
We even brought our 83 year old grandfather on the trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hunter W
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My father and I wanted to go to Alaska for a "once in a lifetime" fishing trip. So I blindly looked for an appropriate destination using the intertubes. After a lot of researching I came across Tower Rock. The reviews here at Tripadvisor were pretty positive, so I figured you paid your money and take your chances. All I can say is that we were not disappointed. Tower Rock exceeded our expectation and then some. The rooms were clean, the food was good and the staff was fantastic. Mike and his staff did everything they could to make our stay fantastic. Alexis was absolutely awesome. Jason and Leah also were great (even though Jason's advice that I jump out of the boat and catch the fish by hand on a slow day seemed a bit ill-conceived. He was kidding of course (I think)). The salmon fishing was a little slow (due entirely to our timing and the fact that Alaska Game changed the bait season at the last minute) but we still walked away with enough to fill the freezer. D$ was our guide most of the time and did a fantastic job, very friendly and pretty patient with us "rookies".

Both my father and myself really appreciated all of the staff and their efforts to make our stay memorable. So much so that this once in a lifetime trip is being scheduled again in 2015!!!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Mike Tuhy and his staff are true professionals from arrival through departure at this quaint and comfortable fishing lodge on the banks of the Kenai. We fished the day of arrival, and had a different fishing experience thereafter for seven days. We caught plentiful silvers and reds ripping from the shores of the Kenai, as well as from power and drifts boats. Our flyout for silvers was awesome. My husband went halibut fishing one day while I chose to drift for trout. The Skilak Lake trip was beautiful, with bald eagles flying overhead while we ripped for salmon. The atmosphere at TRL is laid back yet organized, with a variety of daily fishing trips to please everyone. The staff takes care of your every need and the food is great! No one goes hungry at TRL! Our guides were personable, knowledgable and experienced. We are anxiously awaiting our 120 lbs. of salmon to arrive at our home this week! What an incredible trip! Thank you Mike, Alexis, D$, Burner, Dan, Jason, Bubba, Joe, and everyone for taking such good care of us! Larry and Brenda

Room Tip: We enjoyed our cabin, although the lodge is beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachyme123
Reviewed 13 August 2013

From the first day arriving at tower rock lodge to the day we left, Mike and his wonderful staff did all they could to make my husband and i comfortable, get you on fish, and set up all specialty trips you wanted to go on. It is a relaxing atmosphere with a lot of fun thrown in. Even though the Alaskan weather showed up the day we arrived and stayed for the duration of the trip, Mike made sure we went out and caught fish, and boy was it a blast. My husband and I caught the largest rainbow trout we have ever caught on a fly rod, but catching a silver or red on a fly rod, ripping, will make you yearn to return to the Kenai river and tower rock lodge.

Tower Rock Lodge is top notch! Thank you Mike, D$, Big game, Burner, Dan, Alexis, Leah, Jessica, Tom, And Griff. I apologize if I left anyone out.

P.S. can't wait to have "big game" and d$ take us out to feed the fish again. Lol

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple