“GREAT TRIP!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenai
Alaska Hooksettters Lodge
Ranked #7 of 18 Speciality Lodging in Kenai
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I went up for 10 days and the Lodge was great. The Guide service with Russell fishing was awsome!! I got to go King Salmon fishing, Halibut and Trout and had 3 guides and they were all very good at there job and knew where the fish were and made sure you had a good trip. We had a family of Moose in the camp and they were beautiful. Not only was it fun fishing but even better at the end of the day the all the stories around the fire and enjoying the appetizers they provide before dinner and the dinners were very good and working on new and improved menus to out do the other fish camps and then a few beers and some bragging and fish tales were great. I have already told just about everybody I have run into to that if they are thinking about going to AK to contact this place! Not only would I recomend this to friends but suggest even if your looking to go site seeing to see bears, moose, lots of eagles and caribou they can accomidate anything you need. Thanks to everybody at Alaska Hooksetters Lodge and Russell Fishing for such a wonderful time and hope to go back. Remember to bring mosquito spray and a mask to keep the sun out since in the summer it is always light out...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chasroberts

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I spent a week at Hooksetters in August 2012 with my father and son. Dave was a great host and the staff was very friendly. The cabins were comfortable and the dinners were good. We fished for 5 days and all of the gudes Hooksetters set us up with were great (friendly, knowledgable and enthusiastic). Setting of the lodge leaves a bit to be desired (not as remote as I would like), but for the price I doubt it can be beat. Would definetely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I had always wanted to visit Alaska and do some of the great fishing I had heard about so I started looking at places to stay. I couldn't believe just how many lodge's there are to choose from. I spent a great deal of time comparing lodges, prices, and what all was offered. In the end my buddy and I decided on Hooksetters and was it ever the right call. I booked thru Glenn and Russell Fishing Company.

The lodge itself is beautiful and the guest rooms are quite nice. We decided to stay in one of the private 2-person cabins. There are two beds in each cabin with a mini fridge and a full bath. While I am sure staying in the lodge would be great, we really liked the cabins. They have a total of three 2-person cabins and one 4-person cabin. Perhaps the best thing about the grounds is the covered fire pit. That's where everyone hangs out. Plenty of seating around the pit and it gives you a chance to meet all the other folks at the lodge. We made some great friends while there and have been invited to visit a Texas ranch anytime we want.

The food was excellent. The lady they have doing the cooking really shines. There was plenty of food and it all tasted great. The evening meal is a sit down dinner. One night we had steak, one night was fresh salmon, one night was pork loin, etc. Lunch is packed for you to take fishing. It was usually a sandwich with fruit, chips, cookies, drinks, etc. They also provide a small cooler to carry everything in for your day on the water. Breakfast was pastries, muffins, toast, breakfast burritos, fruit, usually some type of breakfast casserole, etc. You won't go hungry.

The fishing was every bit as good as I have heard about! I caught sockeye and silver salmon until I got tired of reeling them in. Part of out package included a fly-out trip and you really have to do one of those. Just the sights from the plane is worth it but of course we caught some beautiful silver salmon. We also went halibut fishing and caught our limit of them as well. The guides are exceptional. A really knowledgeable and friendly group of guys who truly seemed to enjoy being there with you. We were also able to bring back a 50lb box of fillets. After fishing they clean and process your catch and deliver them to your door the day you leave. They easily stayed frozen until we arrived home and we are still enjoying them today.

Not sure what else to say. If you are looking for a great Alaskan Fishing Adventure look no further than the Hooksetters Lodge. Maybe the best compliment I can give them is that we have already booked our return trip for 2013!

Ashley Perry

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BDSC
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We spent a mid September weekend at the lodge and though the weather was a bit nippy, as we knew in advance, the experience was great. The employees and facilities were comfortable and our hosts took care of all the details. A little mix up on guides and tours but most likely simply an end of the season issue.
All of our guides were first rate.

Room Tip: Ask the host and owner very specific questions on your wants and needs. All cabins are basic and co...
Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Spent three nights there recently and had a great time. We stayed in the two bedroom, two bath cabin and were very comfortable. The dinner prepared by Karmyn each evening was terrific and we really enjoyed sitting around the campfire having horderves and sharing fish stories and other adventures experienced with the other guests. Dave is an excellent host with every detail taken care of. Fishing, fly-ins, bear viewing all pre arranged and first class. I highly recommend this place for a true Alaskan experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank mmhigg
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Alaska Hooksetters Lodge is a wonderful fishing lodge. The facilities are very attractive and comfortable. In addition to the guest cabins, there are attractive common areas in the main lodge, the group dining room, and the firepit area. Dave Harris is an incredible host, warm and friendly, and taking care of all activity arrangements for his guests. The dinners are delicious, with lots of good conversation on the day's outings.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Susan A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Kenai River Lodge
#10 of 44 in Soldotna
Escape For Two
Escape For Two
#2 of 12 in Soldotna

Been to Alaska Hooksettters Lodge? Share your experiences!