“Excellent for the Kenai - Great for the Mainland”
Review of The Flats Bistro

The Flats Bistro
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Kenai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Flats Bistro is owned and operated by local born-and-raised Alaskan couple Luke and Naomi Thibodeau. The menu was designed by two Le Cordon Bleu graduates and features fresh, local ingredients, made in house whenever possible. The Flats takes reservations and also saved half of the tables for walk-ins every night.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is the only 'nice' dining we found while staying in Soldotna. I love good food and love to eat out. Back home, I would consider this 'date night' quality. Food was excellent for the Kenai, Great for the mainland. It is a more expensive and nicer dining for the Area - the best we found. Its nice to have an excellent meal while traveling around AK. We sat outside with the beautiful view.

3  Thank xtrmegee

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had a perfect view of the grass flats on the Kenai River. The moose never appeared, but we expected them any moment. We thoroughly enjoyed the razor clams. They were perfectly prepared and very tender. The reindeer chili was great and flavorful. I would not normally order mac & cheese, but they have raised this to a fine art. Service was very good. Price was comparable to other meals in the area but better quality.

1  Thank SheilaTsuri
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were told by some locals there was this new restaurant but they had not tried it yet. So we checked it out. I recommended it to the locals! We were in Soldotna for 8 days and we visited there twice! They offer a selection of new and trendy recipes with a comfort food feel. The fish & chips were great! I had the special both nights and they were both amazing (one night salmon, one night halibut)! The blondie brownie for dessert was to die for! If you are looking for a place to take a client, or a romantic dinner, or just off the river fishing and need a good meal - I would highly recommend The Flats! And a good beer selection too!

1  Thank lkabernathy
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The service was horrible! The food was small portions for the money, and when it did show up it was salty and cold. I went to the men's room and it smelled like sewer gas, like the didn't have water in the floor drain pee trap. When I left a review on their Facebook page the never even responded and after talking to other friends they had similar experiences, I might try again but the first visit was horrible!

4  Thank JohnL1972
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Thought we would try this new place and was disappointed. The serving sizes were small and the lunch menu selection is limited. Pickled vegetable appetizers was not in a "crock" but a small cup used for soup and they appeared to come right out of the jar. Children's mac and cheese was in a soup cup and cost more than the mac and cheese appetizer that was larger. It was overpriced for what you got. On a positive note, it is very clean and the view overlooking the Flats and Kenai River is great.

2  Thank Mike P

Been to The Flats Bistro? Share your experiences!