“Fantastic King, Halibut & Sockeye Fishing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenai
Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge
Ranked #3 of 18 Speciality Lodging in Kenai
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fantastic King, Halibut & Sockeye Fishing”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I wanted my son to experience the great sights and fishing in Alaska and Jimmie Jack’s made it a dream come true. The lodge was very nice and the people very friendly. A delicious breakfast was served each morning and you will need it when reeling in a giant king. The guides were all not notch and worked hard to catch fish. The sockeye run was great and took some practice but once we got the hang of it we loaded up. The fly out is a must to see bears and great scenery.

Room Tip: There are several choices of rooms to choose from and a nice large room upstairs with kitchen and fa...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 15 November 2011

It was hard to find a place to take a solo. But I found Jimmie Jacks a couple of years ago and have been there twice and will return again. All those involved with this lodge are friendly and really make your stay enjoyable. The rooms were very nice, the food great, and a very relaxing place to stay. Wish I could go back every year but it gives me something to look forward to.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Even though this was a couples trip, it was business. Our first fly out for silvers and it was a blast. From the flight over to the limits of silvers, what an experience! After the fishing was completed, we toured the "bear area" and witnessed a black bear feeding from a stream - what a sight! The return flight was an unexpected pleasure - an aerial tour of a magnificent glacier!
This was my fourth experience with Jimmie Jack ( twice on the Kenai and once on the Kasilof )and after nearly 30 years of dealing with outfitters and guides multiple times each year, you really can't go wrong with his guides, expertise and offerings. He represents the product for what it is and that's the way it is! The location.........it's Alaska!!!

Thanks, Jimmie!

David
Mississippi

Room Tip: Did not lodge; only fished.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David S
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Jimmie Jack, I just want to send a note to say how pleased we were with your operation. Our Alaska trip, which included Halibut, saltwater kings, Kenai Kings, Dollys, Rainbow Trout, Red Sockeye, and we even got to pull a Wolf Eel up off the ocean floor, was highlighted a week ago today with our charter at Jimmie Jacks. Our guide Jacob was excellent, very professional, enthusiastic and personable as well. He gave us good instruction, safety measures and did I forget to mention boating 4 kings by 11 am that day !! That included my dad landing about a 45 lb king on his birthday ! We were all ecstatic and Jake did a great job, he even went the extra mile in helping us get the fillets prepared for our coolers.

Bottom line is I'm sure this doesn't happen every day but it worked out great this time. So I just wanted to express our satisfaction with your outfit and you guide Jacob. We hope to be back soon and would definitely recommend to others Jimmie Jacks Charter service.

Thanks a million.

Mike
Lakeville, MN

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Welsch11729
Mount Washington
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Went King Salmon fishing. Only boat to catch two King Salmon that day. David Drake was our guide. "CatDaddy" worked hard to get our fish and make the day enjoyable. What a treat. Their boats are custom made and outshine all the rest.

If you go with another guide service, you will be disappointed.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
New Iberia, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was a geat Alaskan fishing experience, I'd reccomned Jimmie Jack and his guides to anyone wanting to fish there. Met some wonderful new friends and had an awesome time. The accomodations were great, and the scenery at the lodge is breathtaking.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank deerslyr1
Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My dad and I just returned from Jimmie Jack's Lodge. We went up to celebrate his 80th birthday. My father is no ordinary 80 year old. He is active and full of it. Well let me tell you, we had the time of our lives. We fished 7 straight days. We fished for reds, rainbows, halibut, and kings. (two fly in for reds, one day trout, and two different rivers for kings) We were blessed each day. Kath and JoJo did a tremendous job for us in the lodge. The place was extremely clean, breakfast and lunch was great, and the people we met were the nicest people. They even let us watch the Bruins win the cup on tv the other night! The guides (cat daddy, Jacob, and Adam) were the best..Jimmy too. They put us on fish. We didn't go fishing..we went catching! Dad and I left the lodge Monday (6/20) feeling like we were two kids going home from camp. You know what I mean...missing the new friends that we met. I encourage you to check this place out. I'm a believer!

Room Tip: Just give Jimmie a call and speak to him.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank don0031
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Aspen Extended Stay Suites
Alaska SeaScape Lodge
#6 of 18 in Kenai
Diamond M Ranch Resort
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge

Been to Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge? Share your experiences!