“Annual Big Fish Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenai
Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge
Ranked #3 of 16 Speciality Lodging in Kenai
Seal Beach, California
“Annual Big Fish Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

My college buddies and I get together once a year for a fishing trip. This year we went to Kenai, Ak. for a 3 day trip with Jimmie Jack. The fishing guides and staff were excellent. The accomodations were nice. As for fishing our guides worked hard to find the best fishing spots on the river. Needless to say I caught my limit of Silvers. I would say overall the trip was great. The one down side is their web site is not updated. I would like to see pictures of the lodge with sleeping accomodations and the current fish counts.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank A F
JimmiJack, Owner at Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Arnold, our team says they enjoyed your group very much! Thanks for choosing us, and I hope we can take you fishing in the future for another "Big Fish" Trophy trip! Having a trophy is a great idea!
Yes, we will be sure and post more photos of the accommodations. The Alaska Department of Fish and Game does not count silvers entering the Kenai River, so there is no data. However, we are going to look into posting our boat reports on the blog next year. Thanks for the great time, and great ideas. You guys are fishy!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Escalon, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Have made several trips over the years to the Kenai River, having stayed at other top rated lodges. From the start of planning my father/son trip, Jimmie Jack quickly answered all my emails and/or phone calls promptly. Package prices on trips are very competitive and personally feel exceed what other lodges charge. Guides are simply the best!!! All are incredibly knowledgeable of the river, patient instructors to those of us who need help on fishing techniques, and friendly. With all the extra work that is required with sockeye fishing verses king fishing, it is obvious that these guys love what they do! Lodge facilities are immaculately maintained and rooms comfortable. The gals that make all happen and cook for everyone are just as great as the guides. We were taken care of very very well. Looking back now, choosing Jimmie Jack was the right choice and would/will return!

Room Tip: Communicate what you are wanting/hoping for because they have several different options available.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CJ4UNME
West Bend, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

On July 22 ,2012 me ( Lewy) and my future son-in-law (Chris) fished with Catdaddy and limited out in 2 hours My family and I came to Anchorage for a wedding and we tried to book a fishing trip with no success. we arrived in Alaska on the 19th@ 1:30 am and meet my new brother in-law later that day, told him I wanted to go fishing,and the next day he called me and told me to call JIMMIE JACK'S. They fit us in on sunday with Catdaddy@7:00am.Catdaddy is truly a professional and a nice guy.12 sockeye in 2 hours, then clean the fish,and Catdaddy still had time to make it to church that sunday. We left Alaska @ midnight that night. We had a GREAT time. Thanks to Catdaddy and the rest of the staff @ JIMMIE JACK FISHING. see you on my next trip to Alaska

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

For One-Week-Package we enjoy the welcoming atmosphere, decent accommodation, perfect equipment and motivated guiding at Jimmie Jack.

• Stayed June 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I wanted my son to experience the great sights and fishing in Alaska and Jimmie Jack’s made it a dream come true. The lodge was very nice and the people very friendly. A delicious breakfast was served each morning and you will need it when reeling in a giant king. The guides were all not notch and worked hard to catch fish. The sockeye run was great and took some practice but once we got the hang of it we loaded up. The fly out is a must to see bears and great scenery.

Room Tip: There are several choices of rooms to choose from and a nice large room upstairs with kitchen and fa...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

It was hard to find a place to take a solo. But I found Jimmie Jacks a couple of years ago and have been there twice and will return again. All those involved with this lodge are friendly and really make your stay enjoyable. The rooms were very nice, the food great, and a very relaxing place to stay. Wish I could go back every year but it gives me something to look forward to.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Even though this was a couples trip, it was business. Our first fly out for silvers and it was a blast. From the flight over to the limits of silvers, what an experience! After the fishing was completed, we toured the "bear area" and witnessed a black bear feeding from a stream - what a sight! The return flight was an unexpected pleasure - an aerial tour of a magnificent glacier!
This was my fourth experience with Jimmie Jack ( twice on the Kenai and once on the Kasilof )and after nearly 30 years of dealing with outfitters and guides multiple times each year, you really can't go wrong with his guides, expertise and offerings. He represents the product for what it is and that's the way it is! The location.........it's Alaska!!!

Thanks, Jimmie!

David
Mississippi

Room Tip: Did not lodge; only fished.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Quality Inn Kenai
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge
Salmon Catcher Lodge
Salmon Catcher Lodge
#4 of 16 in Kenai

Been to Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge? Share your experiences!