“A day on the Russian River”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenai
Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge
Ranked #3 of 18 Speciality Lodging in Kenai
Ferndale, Washington
“A day on the Russian River”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Booked a day trip on the Kenai with Jimmie Jack's. Lisa in reservation was a pleasure to work with The lodge was booked due to my short notice and Lisa recommended a good local Hotel. Night before the Kenai closes for fishing. Had heard the Russian was hot for Sockeye. Jimmie set my son and I up with Guide Justin for the day. What a great experience and Justin was the greatest! My 15 yr old son will remember the day forever and we hope to do it again next year for the late run

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rick M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We did not stay at the lodge; only had the Kenai River King Salmon fishing trip planned. Was surprised to learn the day before our scheduled fishing trip that the Kenai was closed. I was very dIsappointed that Jimmy Jacks didn't let us know. Only when we called them did they tell us to meet them at the Kasilof to fish. (I expect a little more customer service when spending $1200.) After not getting a call back as promised from Jimmy Jack, I called again and spoke to Lisa, who was rather rude) the upside to all of this is Jason, our guide. A great kid, very knowledgable, and put forth every effort to help us catch 'the big one'. He was truly a gem and I can't thank him enough for turning this into a positive experience!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Cheryl S
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My son and I were unable to get a spot in the lodge so we signed up a for a day trip for Halibut with Jimmie Jack. Captain Art and his Deckhand Dave were awesome!! The boat we were on was comfortable for the hour long ride out to Art's sweet spot, even over pretty choppy water. With our first bait drop my son caught a 50+ pounder and from that moment on we reeling in halibut almost non stop!! We ended filling our limit with great fish and more fish than we could take home. Art was great in working with us as this was our first ever halibut trip. We'll be back! Now I can't wait for Salmon fishing tomorrow with Jimmie Jack. I will report in later about how it goes.

Room Tip: If the lodge is full Jimmie will refer you to a good alternative
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 10 June 2013

As long time Alaskans, we are somewhat spoiled here and it’s sometimes hard to impress us. So just wanted to say we had a great time. We came down for a girls fishing trip, spent the night at the lodge and fished for halibut the next day. The staff, Lisa that booked us, Colleen, the cook, Art and James, the crew, were all awesome. Breakfast was great and Colleen went out of her way to make us a nice lunch. Art and James also went out of their way to ensure we got the boat limit. Not to mention the weather could not have been better! Thanks and will definitely recommend your lodge!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Beth B
Reviewed 1 February 2013

It has been a lifelong dream of mine to fish in alaska! Jimmie's staff and guides are the best! They were warm and friendly and cat daddy got me on the fish when no one else on the kenia were catching anything!! Jacob was very patient and so helpful to this rookie fly fisherman!! His wife, Jordan, is an angel!!!!! My trip was everything I ever dreamed of and more!!! I fell in love with alaska but my experience at jimmies lodge made the whole trip a dream come true!! Jimmie has my highest recommendation!!!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Doradorob
Pontiac, Illinois
Reviewed 28 January 2013

21 years it took me to get my wife away from a beach vacation! She loved it so much were going back. Alaska is an adventure and Jimmie Jacks was the first leg of this journey. Great people to stay with and fish with. Friendly, knowledgable, relaxing and fun with wilderness at your doorstep. A family oriented group of folks who care if you return! From the rookies to the seasoned fisherman these people can take care of your adventure. Plenty of options to add to your trip through Jimmie Jack as well.

Room Tip: We stayed in the miners cabin for privacy and the feel of staying in the woods. Moose came right by...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan G
Lyme, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I came to Alaska for the first time to go fishing and booked at Jimmie Jack's. When I got there, I was pleasantly surprised as the dirt road off Kalifornsky had me a little worried. When I got to the lodge, I was greeted by Jordan who showed me where my room was. There was an info packet there for me explaining everything I needed to know.
When I went out on the river, my guide, Jacob, was very patient with me as I had never used a fly rod and we were fishing for rainbow and dolly vardens on the Kenai. The weather was rather dismal, but the fishing was great! The day we fished for silvers, we didnt catch anything. But Jacob took us for a cruise down the river toward the inlet. Saw 10 bald eagles on the riverbank at one point. Well worth the side trip. The next to last day the river rose a foot between the time we went out and came back in 6 hours later. I wasnt disappointed as the lodge had no control over the weather! The lodge is located overlooking Cook Inlet and there were some gorgeous sunsets.
Jordan cooked great breakfasts and packed good hearty lunches for us. The only caveat was that I didnt tell them before I came that I dont eat eggs and am rather particular about what I eat. I am sure that she would have prepared me oatmeal every morning (my usual breakfast for the lasst 40 years!!)
My last day there the park ranger had closed our put in and we had to travel 10 miles up the Sterling and put in at Skilak lake. However, the fishing was the best of the week and the weather beautiful. All told the trip was well worth the money and I will go back there again next spring (if not to work, just to spend a week fishing!!)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank iamguiseppi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Quality Inn Kenai
Alaska SeaScape Lodge
Alaska SeaScape Lodge
#7 of 18 in Kenai
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge

Been to Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge? Share your experiences!