Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge
Aspen Extended Stay Suites(Kenai)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$129
Kenai Airport Hotel(Kenai)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$118
QualityInn
Uptown Motel(Kenai)(Great Value!)
US$133
Travelocity
US$116
Best Western King Salmon Motel(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$169
Kenai River Lodge(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
US$158
Soldotna Inn(Soldotna)
US$147
Travelocity
US$171
US$157
All reviewscaptain tombig ironhalibutking salmonjimmy jacksockeyethe riverfishing tripalaska lodgesilver salmonbig jimtop notchcombo tripcatching fishmy sonsea lionsgreat folks
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This my sixth trip with Jimmie Jack Fishing and he never disappoints. The trip started with silver salmon fishing and we caught our limit in three hours. It was a beautiful day on the Kenai River, Which I was spending with my nephew and brother in-law. We enjoyed one of Jimmie's cabins on a full acre where we made many fires in the fire pit and enjoyed telling our fishing experiences back to each other. Every morning we enjoyed eating a breakfast at Jimmie Jack's Lodge. Great Food and a lot of it to go around. We spent our last day trout fishing and let me tell you i've caught a lot of trout in my day but the size of these trout were just amazing!!! All together we caught five trophy trout all over 27" and the biggest was 30". All I can say is WOW!!!! God Bless Jimmie Jack Fishing. We can't wait to boot our next trip with his experience crew. Great memories that will last a lifetime.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Jimmie Jack Fishing offers excellent facilities, beautiful views, clean boats, top-of-the-line gear, you just can't find a better way to visit the Kenai Peninsula. The people of Jimmie Jack Fishing are patient, not intimidating, friendly and fun to be around. It is so pleasant to be out with the guides,to benefit from their experience and make maximum effort to find whatever fish you are looking for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Depite glowing report I had a less than mediocre experience. My "guide" was a young person who was very set on where the fish should be and stuck to totally unproductive sites regardless of the poor fishing. we were expected to provide large tips to the guidse, housekeeping etc despite the high fee we paid for the package. The cabin was clean but very basic despite the fees. the location was not much. the fishing disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank danh369
JimmiJack, Owner at Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

I apologize to this guest for the experience. I, myself, was also guiding that week, and was having difficulty locating fish until the last few days of the week. The water became muddy from rain at the beginning of the week and caused some tough fishing. I was in constant communication with my guide, and he was fishing in the correct spots, but that muddy water made things difficult. Again, I am sorry that this week was not as productive as it usually is due to the week of heavy rain.
I am happy to hear that your cabin was clean. We do give a high focus to cleanliness here at JJF. Our guides do not expect tips, but they are always grateful when received. Thank you for your input, we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

lodging and guides were top notch except for the seward trip where it seemed the captian & his deck hand had there own agenda. we stayed at the miners cabin across the street & our cabin was barely cleaned each day by the sheet rock dust that was never picked up during our entire stay. the breakfast each day was wonderful and the cook was a delight each day

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
JimmiJack, Owner at Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you to this guest for the very good review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge. It is great to hear that your breakfast each day was wonderful, and that the cook was a delight! The Miner’s Cabin should have been cleaned. I am not sure why there was any dust, but we will make sure we are double checking cabin cleanliness better. The Seward Trip had some issues when the Captain brought on a certain deckhand for 2 days in August. I was made aware that there were some issues, and corrected the Captain, and eliminated that deckhand. We have standards here at JJF, and I am sorry that this occurred. I will be putting in place quality checks to ensure that the Seward Trip is always excellent. Thank you again for giving us a “very good” rating.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My 3 sons, and favorite brother celebrated my birthday at Jimmie Jack's lodge. Jimmie and staff made our trip worry free. From driving directions to the right fishing equipment, Jimmie Jacks thought of everything. Salmon were not running on the Kenai, but Lisa arranged for a float plane fly out where we caught of limit of salmon. We loved our adventure, "it was a moment in time" for all of us. We will be back.

Dana George

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dana G