“Fishing trip of a Lifetime”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenai
Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge
Ranked #3 of 16 Speciality Lodging in Kenai
Pittsburgh
“Fishing trip of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2010

I took my 16yr old son for his birthday to fish for silver's, but what we caught was more then we expected. The fishing guide we had Adam was top notch. He knew where to go and catch large silvers. My son being 16 was able to out fish dad, what a experience to see his face. Each and everytime his fish was always larger than mine, that is a priceless moment.Sharing that special time with my son, will live with me forever. The lodge was top notch, food was great, but the view from the lodge was also priceless. We as a family have been to Alaska 4 time, but never experienced fishing and having made new friends a great thing. Jimmy Jacks guide are the BEST.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Anchorage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2010

I have lived in Alaska for thirty five years and have flown the Alaska Bush for as long in my own floatplane....but the Kenai River Fishery.... gets my vote with Jimmy Jack in my boat!
Good Luck and Tight Lines!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2009

This was the second trip for my son and I to travel to Alaska to fish the Kenai River for King Salmon. Staying at Jimmie Jack's Lodge and fishing with his guides on the Kenai River in July were the best decisions we made. The lodge is relatively close to the fishing departure spots and his guides were excellent. My son caught a King Salmon both of our days on the Kenai and I caught one. All three Kings were a minumum of 50 pounds. We both caught our limit on a Halibut trip into Cooks Inlet. A Fly Out fishing trip to Wolverine Creek was a blast and we caught several Sockeye each. Jimmie Jack's guides (Terry and Dave) are awesome fisherman who truly know where the fish are located on the Kenai. Even when others were not catching fish, we were reeling them in. The lodge is very clean, has a beautiful view of Cooks Inlet, wonderful food, and Nicole keeps everything well organized. We will go back to Alaska again someday and I will choose to stay and fish with Jimmie Jack's Lodge because I enjoyed their hospitality and feel a rush when I hear the phrase "FISH ON!" hollered out by one of his guides.

Houston, TX

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveling007Texan
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2009

My father, brother and I spent 1 week at Jimmy Jack's Lodge. The staff was very professional. We stayed in a bueatiful lodge over looking the Cook Inlet Bay. Every morning and evening we were lucky to see the snow cap mountains on the other side of the inlet. The weather was wonderful. My brother, father and I spent quality time together. We went King, silver and pink salmon fishing 4 days. One day we went Halibet fishing. I would go back and do it all over again. I would recommend Jimmy Jack's Fishing to all my friends and family. They made our stay spacious and comfortable. Our family thanks the staff for giving us a time we will never forget.
Thanks,
Robert M. Snyder
Sarasota, Fla.

• Liked — The working staff. They were kind, considerate and professional.
  • Disliked — We didn
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jamestown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2008

After a 2 week trip to Alaska in1998, I made a promise to revisit for fishing in the future.
After researching a number of Guide Services and having making direct contact with some that seemed most interesting, I had the oppportunity to talk to Juimmie Jack personally.
The conversation was one that would be classified as being between friends, and not client and business.
At the time of our conversation, I was going through some health issues and had to delay plans for the fishing trip, indefinitely. During this time, I was sent emails asking how my health was progressing and never anything about fishing. It was a genuine concern about me.
After the health issue was corrected, I was once again looking for the Fishing trip of a lifetime, as I had learned that Life is too short and dreams are meant to be realized.
I then contacted a friend, Jimmie Jack and he customized a trip for me based on what I felt that I was looking for.
The concern for my wishes was the focus of the trip.
When I arrived, I was treated to more than could have been imagined. The Fishing guides were unbelievable and Jimmie's staff at the lodge were without equal. The accomodations, food and staff made the trip as much to what I had hoped for as could be possible. Jimmie Jack is one of the most genuine people I have ever met. Alaska is one of the most beautiful places I have ever had the chance to visit. I believe Jimmie Jack's is a perfect fit for Alaska.
After my arrival back to my home in New York, I had the chance to reflect and look at the photos of the trip. I have to say that without a doubt, God willing and being physically and financially able, I will return to Alaska and to Jimmie Jack's for another adventure. There will be a few minor changes to the plans, but only to those parts that were my mistakes, due to things that I had not realized, prior to the first trip.
Thank You, Jimmie Jack and to all there, who have been part of one of the most enjoyable experiences of my 68 years.
Jack Kachermeyer
Jamestown, NY
kack324@hotmail.com

• Liked — Exact fit for my plans
  • Disliked — Not Applicable
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank JackK0827
BurgeFamily
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2008

Jimmie Jack is one of the nicest people we know. We make his lodge and fishing with him our destination vacation almost every year. Jimmie Jack is passionate about guiding on the Kenai River and dedicated to his guests and making sure they get what they came for....Alaska King Salmon and Halibut (for us). Our largest King Salmon was 73 pounds! It's a great place for the family. He is just an absolute blessing. Thank you Jimmie Jack! We'll be back again soon!

Mount Shasta, Ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2008

Jimmie Jack is an awesome Fishing Guide. We tend to fish in May when the Kings are just starting to come in, the odds of hooking a King are more against us then with us this early in the season- Makes no difference! This man has a gift! Jimmie Jack knows where, when, and how to fish! My husband reeled in a 43 inch Kenai King this year on the Kenai! WhooHoo!!!
Does this mean every person will always get a fish every time? Of course not, (though we've never walked away empty handed!) however, this Guide's expertise gives the Fisherperson that added edge! Jimmie Jacks staff is wonderful and his equipment from poles to boats are in excellent condition. Jimmie Jack knows these rivers frontwards and backwards (its that obvious). A person feels safe, confident, and so very relaxed-kicked back on the boat, enjoy the sun, wildlife, and the serenity of nature, that is only until FISH ON! The excitement of landing a King can only be nothing but Experienced!
Jimmie Jack has lodging and all-inclusive packages that include delicious gourmet meals from your personal Chef Jason. Something for everyone.
We're planning an extensive family/friend trip this time around for Kings, Sockeye, Dolly's, & Graylings in 2009, why not go all out when we have the BEST GUIDE in Soldotna!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Quality Inn Kenai
Aspen Hotel Soldotna
#2 of 8 in Soldotna
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge
Diamond M Ranch Resort

Been to Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge? Share your experiences!