“Horrible”
Review of Quality Inn Kenai

Quality Inn Kenai
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kenai
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

After a long day at work I checked in and then went to my room to find the room had obviously not been cleaned and all the towels had been used. There was even food left out. Front desk would not move me to another room and came up and said sorry they just forgot to pick up the trash but the bed was clean and offered new towels (yeah right). My co workers room smelled so bad of natural gas that after the front desk also said they could not move to another room and only offered a can of febreeze as a solution, he went to another hotel. I should have followed but was exhausted. I will never stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric S
Elise C, Guest Service Agent at Quality Inn Kenai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Eric,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. Your feedback is vital for our hotel and it's staff to better itself, and work on our commitment to you and other future guest's satisfaction.

On behalf of our hotel, I would like to apologize for items, that were from a previous guest, being left in the room you were checked into. We are sorry for the inconvenience of not having a room to move you to after that incident. If we had the room to move you into we would of gladly done so, unfortunately we were completely booked that day.

I took this and showed our hotel staff to make sure this does not happen again. We hope you can come back and give us a second chance to show you what we take pride in, to give you the satisfaction you deserve.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This hotel had a wonderful breakfast, comfortable beds, nice-sized rooms, a great pool and hot tub and a very friendly and attentive staff. We needed extra towels and they happily and quickly brought them to our room. Our family thoroughly enjoyed the pool and hot tub as well as the hot breakfast buffet. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Sbmjsb
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week on a business trip. The building is easy to miss and looks plain on the outside. In side, however, you will find it is nicely maintained and has a variety of features.
I had a room with two full beds. The rooms also have a nice HD TV, dorm refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board. Having the fridge and microwave came in handy over the course of the week. As anyone who has spent extended time in a hotel knows, being able heat up leftovers or keeping some snacks in your room is nice. I was very impressed at the number of cable channels. Most places may give you 20 or 30, but here you get over 100, many of them are HD as well.
Every morning they serve a descent breakfast with eggs, mini omelets, bacon, sausage, waffles, biscuits, gravy,yogurt, juices, cold cereal, breads, and good coffee.
The workout room is small and doesn't offer much. A set of dumbbells would be better then the gym system they have. It does have a nice treadmill, so as least I could run.
The pool is the smallest I have ever seen but was hardly used so crowding was never an issue. The Jacuzzi was one of the largest and deepest I have used. It was very nice and hot. I enjoyed soaking in it every day.
Overall this place was nice. It does show it's age in places and could use an exterior revamping but the extras make up for that. If given a choice I will ask to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Nate T
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Nice warm welcome at the front desk. The Inn is set up for workers in the nearby oil and gas industry, and serves a breakfast in the morning. Most rooms are two double beds. Although this was a business trip for me, my husband accompanied me, so we asked to switch to a room with a queen bed. A room with two queen beds was $8 a night more, which we were hapy to pay, and the front desk professional happily accommodated our request to switch.
Room has a fridge, coffee maker, HUGE TV, good lighting (!), ironing board, iron, blow drier, and a sink separate from the bathroom.
A very small desk with one chair is available to use in the room - inconvenient if more than one person wants to use the desk. Free wireless made up for it.
The hotel is 100% smoke free, but this must be recent, as there is a slight odor of smoke throughout. VERY slight.
Nice people, hotel well kept and room very very clean. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with queen beds unless you are comfortable in a double!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I had a great stay with my son at the Quality Inn Kenai. I tried to change my room from a king bed to two doubles but they said I could make no changes to my reservation. I was definitely a little irritated with this as it was September 21st and I couldn't understand how the hotel could possibly be booked but we made due and had a great stay overall. The morning breakfast was one of the best I've seen at a hotel, the room was clean and the shower was very nice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank frozengirlie
Elise C, Guest Service Agent at Quality Inn Kenai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Hello frozengirlie,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a great review! On behalf of our hotel team, I am sorry for the inconvenience with not being able to change your room. If you are in the area and stay with us again, we would be glad to try our best to accomodate your needs. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

All in all, my two stays here were quite nice. Having just spent over 2x the price in Anchorage for much less, I was pleased to stay in a clean, quiet, welcoming hotel.
The building is understated and easy to miss, but its whats on the inside that counts.
Plenty of breakfast options.
Wifi was a little wonky, kicking me off several times.
Staff referred me to Louie"s for great seafood. Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask if wifi is better closer to reception.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kitcat22

Hi Kitcat22!

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our hotel! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the quality of our hotel for an agreeable price. Though, I am sorry to hear that the wi-fi was acting up while you were here at your stay. Again, thank you for your time and have a great day.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Made reservations to stay at this hotel few days while fishing for red salmon on the Kenai River during busiest time of the summer -- third week in July. Room was ready when I showed up at 11 am. Found it very clean and acceptable. Breakfast came with the room and although not fantastic, provided me with all that I needed for the first meal of the day. It's centrally located in the town of Kenai and almost next to Walmart where I could easily buy replenishment fishing supplies and ice. Staff was very nice and the price was comparable to other establishments in the area. Wi-fi available, as well as TV, fridge, micro and there's a pool that I didn't have time to use -- just spent more of my time fishing!

Room Tip: Make reservations in advance. Rooms are scarce during the red salmon run. I preferred staying on t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Flyfishingguy

Hello flyfishingguy,

First, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us a review, and by the looks of it, we have done very well to give you the satisfaction you deserve. I am happy to hear we had a room all ready and cleaned for your early arrival, especially with July being our busiest month. :) We hope to see you again so you can enjoy our hotel once more, hopefully it won't be such a dry, hot summer like this years! Have a wonderul day!!

Kind regards,

Elise C.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
Aspen Extended Stay Suites
#4 of 5 in Kenai
Uptown Motel
Uptown Motel
#3 of 5 in Kenai

Been to Quality Inn Kenai? Share your experiences!