The Landing Hotel
Cape Fox Lodge(Ketchikan)
US$286
US$267
Inn at Creek Street(Ketchikan)(Great Value!)
US$158
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
My Place Hotel-Ketchikan, AK(Ketchikan)
Gilmore Hotel(Ketchikan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsferry terminalclose to the airportbusiness tripshuttle servicein townclean roomsfree shuttlehotel shuttleeasy accessalaska marine highwaygrocery storenice restauranthome away from homeplace to staylarge roomfront desk clerkcourtesy van
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stay here often and will continue to do so. Rooms are clean and quiet and Jeremiah's has great food and spirits. Just far enough out of town to avoid the cruise ship insanity, but close enough to get there quickly if one chooses. My only suggestion would be that there be something similar to all the other BW's I stay at in Alaska and provide some sort of breakfast. This location has a nice cafe' on site, but it would be nice to perhaps be given a breakfast voucher or something similar for 1/2 off or a special menu. All in all, I highly recommend the Landing.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the newer section.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnnyMac66
akhotel, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you for the great comments. We are happy to hear that your stays with us have lived up to your expectations. I am glad that you mentioned the breakfast voucher. As of January 1st, 2012 all of the Best Western’s throughout the United States offer a Breakfast Rate at properties that have on-site restaurants. This will provide Best Western Guests with the opportunity to receive an all in one bill. We at the Best Western Plus Landing Hotel have been contemplating a breakfast coupon for our corporate and government guests which we may implement in the near future. Please call us at (907) 225- 5166 to inquire further. Thank you again for reviewing our property on tripadvisor.com. We hope to see you again soon.

Patricia Krantz
Hotel M.O.D.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I have been staying at the Landing for many years. It is a very comfortable-feeling property with two on site restaurants and easy access to the Alaska Marine Highway ferries (just across the street). The hotel has been there for many years and is built in basically three sections. The original, older section has very narrow hallways, low ceilings and so-so rooms. The newer section in the back has larger rooms, some suites and is very quiet. The newest section has nicely appointed rooms that are large and comfortable. The nicest rooms, with king beds and fireplaces, are unfortunately facing the street with plenty of street noise, reducing their comfort.

Jeremiahs Pub serves great food and libations. The halibut fish and chips are particularly good, though pricey. Annabelle's serves a hearty, Alaska-sized breakfast and is open all day.

The Landing provides consistent, helpful service, comfortable clean rooms and is my choice whenever I stay in Ketchikan.

Room Tip: Book early and request a room in the newer section in the back OR the new north building. If you can, avoid staying in the heavily used and trafficked old original section of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Lover_of_Oxford
akhotel, Hotel M.O.D. at The Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip advisor. We truly appreciate your recognition of our wonderful staff; they are a valuable asset to our company. We are so glad to hear that you found the North Court Building and the East Wing hotel rooms quite comfortable for you during your visit. We’re sorry to hear that the street noise made the stay in the King Suite uncomfortable for you. While the original Main Wing of our hotel does have narrow hallways and lower ceilings, the rooms are available with the same amenities and the same comfortable beds. With 107 rooms on property we believe that we have the perfect room for each and every guest. On your next visit to The BEST WESTERN PLUS Landing please feel free to specify the wing you prefer to stay in. We strive to make sure each and every guest has a satisfying experience. We would also like to thank you for the great comment on our Fish and Chips. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN PLUS Landing hotel and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Ketchikan.

Patricia Krantz
Hotel - Manager on Duty

Reviewed 8 October 2011

After bringing a problem to her attention, Linda Peters a G.M., not only made me feel uncomfortable but really made the entire situation worse. I do NOT recemmend to stay or eat at this location. I am keeping this anonymous, because of fear that she might retaliate.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Celestino G
akhotel, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

I have given much thought to my response to the gentleman who has accused me of being unprofessional. I have been in management for 30 some years and have never had anyone describe me in such a way. I believe the gentleman was upset that he had to wait for me to respond to his complaint because I was busy at the time assisting another guest in the hotel and told my staff that I would be with him as soon as I was finished with the other guest. Ido admit that I may have approached him with the incorrect verbage when I asked him "what is your problem". His response was "Don't you mean what is THE problem, I guess it is communication". After that he refused to discuss the problem with me and to this day I do not know what occurred in our restaurant to upset him. He also wanted the headquarters of our establishment which I proceeded to give him as well as the names of the owners and the address of our establishment. As to this date, the owners have not receive any correspondence from him. We really do want to make any situation better in any way we can and we do not retaliate back. The owners and I still wish that he would contact us with the information concerning the issue/s that caused this review. Without knowing there is no way that we can correct it. I asked all the staff on duty and the server that waited on him that morning and they also could not give me any information concerning his service and what he wished to discuss with me before he decided that he would not speak with me. So, if the gentleman reads this response to his review; I encourage him to send his complaints to the owners so we may correct the problem so it does not occurr again in the future with any other customers.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

This is a very nice hotel, maybe a little pricey. It was the end of the tourist season

• Stayed: September 2011
akhotel, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

We are happy to hear you had an awesome stay with us. We were disappointed to hear you felt we were a little too pricey for your accommodations. We do offer some discounted rates when it is close to the end of the season; so is often worthwill to contact management to see if that is possible. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor. We hope to see you in Ketchikan again in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

Ask for a room in the north (new) complex - much larger than those in the main hotel. Totally comfortable beds. Easy pleasant walk to downtown. Grocery & liquor store 1 block away. Great front desk staff - most accommodating. Food is average for a chain hotel. Manager/owner is a most gracious host. Would stay there again in a heart-beat!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rick i
akhotel, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and would plan to stay with us again if in Ketchikan. Thank you for recognizing our front desk staff as accommodating. We feel very fortunate to have a great staff at our property. We sincerly hope we will see you back in Ketchikan soon.