“One of the best places we stayed in all of Alaska.”
Review of The Landing Hotel

The Landing Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Ketchikan
Arizona
“One of the best places we stayed in all of Alaska.”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I was really pleasantly surprised by my whole experience at this hotel. They started right off making me very happy by letting us check in before 7am. We literally got off of the ferry in the middle of the night and weren't sure what we were going to do. I didn't want to pay Alaska prices for another night just to sleep a couple of hours. We drove out to a nice sunrise spot and came back to the hotel for breakfast since we had been told that they were the first place to open in town. I went to the front desk to see when we could check in and they said that they were ready for us now. We went to the comfortable clean room and went right to sleep. After a couple of hours we spent our day in Ketchikan and returned to the hotel again that night. Even the shower was pleasant and operated as normally as you ever get in hotels.

The parking is a little limited and can be noisy if a motorcycle starts up. The prices of rooms are about what you'd expect in Alaska but for us it was well worth it. If you are riding the ferry and stop in Ketchikan try this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is always accommodating to those guests arriving on the ferry in the early morning hours. There are times when we are full from the previous night that we are unable to get you right into the rooms; but we do try to accommodate you as quickly as we can. Please come back and visit Ketchikan again and give us another opportunity to provide you with superior experience.
Thank you for taking the time to do this review on our property.
Linda Peters, G.M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Oakland, California
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stay at the BW LAnding Hotel in Ketchikan when going in and out of the WAterfall Resort on float planes. The rooms are comfortable, the people at the front desk at GREAT, and they have a very good restaurant right on site (and yes, a lot of locals eat there regularly). While it is 3-4 miles from downtown, they have a free shuttle service that picks you up at the ferry landing when you come over from the airport and takes you around town as needed. They are very helpful.

Room Tip: The rooms across the breeze-way are much larger, but all the rooms are comfortable and very, very cl...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our property on TripAdvisor. We are happy you had a great time when you were here and were able to make use of all the amenities we offer our guests. We do hope you caught your limit out at Waterfall Resort and are enjoying that great fish! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Ketchikan.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Have stayed here the last 6 years and always enjoyed our stay. Clean, tidy rooms. Great restaurant and pub. Courteous and helpful front desk and wait staff. Staying there again this year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to the Best Western PLUS Landing Hotel. We greatly appreciate your kind words about our facility. It is always nice to hear that our staff have been accommodating to our guests and that they will return to us because of the previous stay. If you have already stayed this year; we hope you had that same experience again this year or that you will experience it when you do arrive.
Have a great summer!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I recently spent six days in Ketchikan and chose to stay at The Landing, and I certainly wasn't disappointed! My room was way better than I expected, even if it was a little warm. I contacted housekeeping and they immediately fixed the problem. The overall service I received was first class and ALL the staff made me feel extremely welcome with their warmth and genuine hospitality. I really looked forward to eating in the restaurant, as the food choices and quality were fantastic. I already miss the place, and the next time I am in Ketchikan, The Landing is the only place for me.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeeping staff are great and it is nice to hear that they were able to fix the problem with the heat in your room. We look forward to your next visit to Ketchikan. Linda Peters, G.M.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed here with my family and we really enjoyed the slightly larger room. It had a refrigerator and a microwave and that is always a plus. The beds were average and the room was a little warm, even with the windows open, fan on, and heat off. The entire property was very clean. We were in the newer section (separate bldg) and it seemed very quiet. We also used the on site parking, but it does seem to fill up on their busy days. We ate at Jeremiahs one night and found it to be good, but not great, although the selection was amazing. Pretty much anything you can imagine, they can make for you. The staff was very accommodating and helpful, letting us check in a little early when our Ferry got in. I would certainly recommend it, and if I am in Ketchikan again, I will probably stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
akhotel, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our property on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We do apologize that you did not feel your meal in Jeremiah's was exceptional. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and are sorry we did not do so for you. We sincerely hope you will return to Ketchikan and give us another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs with superior customer care. Thank you again for the nice review. Best Regards, Linda Peters, General Manager
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My time in Ketchikan began at another hotel, which I immediately planned to check out of. I called The Landing and the rest was a delightful stay. They have a free courtesy van which will pick you up (anywhere) in town and take you (anywhere) in town. Just make arrangements at the front desk. Wal-Mart is quite popular, as it seems that when tourists find that they have lost, forgotten or left behind an item a trip to Wal-Mart is in order! Of course, taxis are available and Ketchikan's bus stops are just 20-30 yards away.

When I arrived at The Landing the first thing I wanted was a clean room, and the second was food! My room was certainly clean (and the housekeeping staff was NOT out in the halls at 7 a.m. banging on doors...) and The Landing has two restaurants! The food was great!

The Landing is not downtown so there is nowhere near the traffic or the tourists. It is located across the street from the Alaska Marine Highway ferry, a post office, and about two blocks from the ferry to the airport. A great location!

The mattress was too firm for me and the pillows were too full/large, but I loved this place!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
akhotel, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have an excellent staff that takes pride in whatever their job duties are and care about the service they give to all our guests. We were glad to see your appreciation of our courtesy shuttle service and that not being in the mist of the downtown activity is not a hinderance to having a pleasant stay in Ketchikan and seeing the sites. We sincerely hope you will return to Ketchikan and give us another opportunity to provide you with superior customer care.
Thank you for your comments.
Linda Peters
Kent, Washington
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have been to The Landing in Ketchikan eight times on business. Somehow for the first time I began to notice my surroundings. Maybe it was the day off. The room was impeccable. Clean, well sorted out with the furniture and decor. I noticed an envelope from the maid. Her name was Angie. Angie had done a superb job at prepping this room. I am a guy but still appreciate the simple nice touches that she did. I had the Spanish Ommlette in the lower resteraunt and it was great. The selection of beer in the lounge was good and fresh. If you ever have a choice of a place to stay in Ketchikan stay here.

Room Tip: Angie had the 300 rooms as fgar as I know. I was in 373 I do not know if they had a pool or spa...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments concerning our property. We are happy to hear you received a clean room. Angie has been an employee with our company for many years and does an excellent job for us. We also have a new ultra clean procedure with Best Western where we use UV wands to kill the bacteria in all our rooms to ensure that they are as if you are the very first guest to use our rooms. We pride ourselves in our clean, comfortable rooms. Our kitchen manager in our restaurants has also been with us now going on 25 years and has a great staff in his kitchen. We are very happy to hear you in enjoyed your breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit to Ketchikan.
Linda Peters