“Excellent”
Review of The Landing Hotel

The Landing Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ketchikan
Reviewed 31 August 2008

Each year my family goes fishing in Craig, AK. On the way home we spend one night in Ketchikan, so we have stayed at most of the Ketchikan hotels.

This was our first time at the Best Western and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are large and spacious. Our room had two queen size beds. The room and furnishings were comfortable and clean.

The restaurant was very good with many options. We had a group of 10 for dinner, and everything was perfect. The waitress was sweet and efficient, the order was right, the food was hot and tasty.

There was a computer off the lobby, so we could do our flight check in. The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the airport ferry.

This hotel is definitely one of the best, if not THE best hotel in Ketchikan. We hope to stay here again on our next fishing trip.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 July 2008

Fishing lodge arranged for rooms here when float planes out of town were grounded in bad weather. While the hotel is outside of the downtown, touristy area leaving little to do (a supermarket is in walking distance, ferry to airport and other AK cities walking distance as well) I was impressed with the condition and amenities. Upstairs restaurant / pub served good food prepared in an open kitchen, and was fairly-priced with good service. The room - I stayed in the new addition - was VERY LARGE with 2 queen beds and lots of space to spare. Satellite TV, coffee. Room had lots of extra space, so if you had lots of bags you would never feel cramped. Provide a shuttle downtown for $8 / room which we utilized, and provided quick, on-demand service along with a little free sighseeing tour. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 10 December 2007

Stayed there twice on this trip (before and after a remote fishing trip). I liked the place, and it was during construction/expansion. The location was close to airport (and a small market within walking distance), they provided free shuttle into town, and the food is quite good; I had some sort of fish pasta in the restaurant upstairs and breakfast downstairs (very popular with locals, apparently). Room and bed and bath were clean and comfy. I would likely stay there again. Fairly priced for that part of the country.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2007

The addition the hotel was adding in 2005 is now complete, and its wonderful! The rooms are LARGE and very comfortable. I only stay in Ketchikan about 2 times a year and this is the hotel I always choose. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the hotel is very clean and a safe place away from home!

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank kclc
Reviewed 31 October 2005

I have stayed at the Landing numerous times over the last 10 years due to its location near the Alaska Ferry Terminal and Airport Ferry.

They have gradually been renovating and updating the rooms so most if not all are now quite nice and reasonably modern. Here is my opinion based on the time I have spent here:

Pros:
- Location convenient to the Airport and Ferry Terminals
- Many recently renovated rooms
- High Speed Internet Availability
- Free local shuttle service
- 2 restaurants on site that are at least average or better.

Cons:
-The service, cleanliness and maintenance of the place seems to be somewhat inconsistent as I have had quite mixed experiences with all three.
-The hotel is overpriced for its class, amenities and service level. Obviously, this is especially true during the high (summer cruise) season, but even in the off season prices are somewhat unreasonable.

Note:
As of 2005 there is a lot of construction going on right next to the Landing as they are adding a new wing. This may prove an annoyance to some seeking peace and quite, especially during normal working hours.

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business
Ketchikan
Reviewed 13 August 2005

At $98.00 per night, I was very disappointed that they do not put actual fitted sheets on the bed. They use the flat sheet & tuck it into the corners. Come on, for that price, I'm sure they can afford fitted sheets. The maid service was inconsistent granted that they were supposed to change our sheets daily & give us fresh towels. Not too pleased overall.

• Stayed: January 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Morrison, CO
Reviewed 20 September 2004

The suite was fairly nice, but for about $200 ($169 plus $20+ in taxes) a night, I expect glass instead of plastic cups and glasses. Also, when I called to tell the front desk that the maid (and I had left tips for the previous two days) failed to replenish glasses, cups, shampoo and coffee, I was told they had no one to send with them and that I could come down and pick them up--not what I expected for the price!! Probably would not stay there again as the value didn't seem to be there to me.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Ketchikan hotels
Inn at Creek Street
#8 of 10 in Ketchikan
Waterfall Resort Alaska
Waterfall Resort Alaska
#3 of 10 in Ketchikan

Been to The Landing Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Landing Hotel

Address: 3434 Tongass Avenue, Ketchikan, AK 99901-5633 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Landing Hotel)
Region: United States > Alaska > Ketchikan
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ketchikan
Price Range: £120 - £223 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — The Landing Hotel 3*
This beautiful hotel is your first stop traveling via Alaska Airlines, Alaska Marine Highway or the Inter Island Ferry. The Landing Hotel also houses the two most popular local restaurants in Ketchikan; The Landing Restaurant and Jeremiah's Pub serving breakfast all day, lunch and dinner. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Landing Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Ketchikan