“Very clean, spacious room and super helpful staff”
Review of The Landing Hotel

The Landing Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ketchikan
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I spent 4 nights at the Best Western Landing during my recent business trip and was very pleased with the overall cleanliness of the hotel, one of the first things I look for. My room was spacious, with all the amenities you could need, comfy beds, excellent housekeeping services, helpful desk staff and good food in the restaurants. I would definately recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
akhotel, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and reccommend it to others. I was happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our spacious clean rooms and friendly staff. It is always nice to hear that they are doing a great job for us. We hope you will visit Ketchikan again in the future and give us another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs.
Best Regards,
Linda Peters

Reviewed 5 September 2010

We spent 5 days in Ketchikan which started with a quick pick up from the ferry to the hotel by a friendly shuttle bus driver. My sister was in town for business while I got to go sightseeing. Our room was very comfortable and roomy with all the necessary amenities provided. We enjoyed the wonderful breeze daily through the open windows. Coming from 90-100 degree weather, this was a welcome change. Daily I rode the shuttle bus around town to see different sights. I have to say that the shuttle bus drivers really made my stay enjoyable. They were very informative and chatty which made me feel at home. They were willing to drop me off and pick me up where ever I wanted to go. I asked for recommendations while I was in town. I also enjoyed my breakfast downstairs in the restaurant every morning. I had nice chats with the waitresses and even some of the locals. I enjoyed the smoke free friendly atmosphere. We had the best service from the whole staff. We also enjoyed meeting the General Manager Linda Peters. We enjoyed eating in the Pub upstairs, too. Thanks to the great shuttle bus drivers we had the opportunity to try different restaurants in the area and even made a trip to Walmart along with my daily excursions. Although the whole staff was very friendly and helpful, I would say that their greatest asset is the shuttle bus drivers.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I also enjoyed meeting you and your sister during your visit. I must agree with you that our van drivers are a great asset to our company. They do enjoy the guests and really do care to make sure our guests have a great experience while staying with us. I will pass on your comments to them. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and recommending it to others. I sincerely hope you will have another opportunity to visit with us in the future.
Linda Peters,

Reviewed 14 January 2010

I couldn't get over the friendly, helpful service at this hotel. It's not fancy, but everyone is so nice and you can't be the breakfast in the coffee shop downstairs. The burgers upstairs in the pub are pretty good, too. Definitely a nice place to stay when you are in Ketchikan

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
akhotel, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Also, thank you fo recommending our property to others traveling to this area. I am very happy to hear our staff was accommodating and friendly to your needs and you enjoy our restaurants. We hope to see you in Ketchikan again at some time.
Thank you again!

Reviewed 13 October 2009

This is my third year staying here. THe staff is always helpful and the place is fun. The two resturants are good, the downstairs one had a more extensive menu and less smoke! The loading docks and landing area across the stree mean it will be very noisy startign aroudn 4am but you get used to it! The hotel is well maintained and clean. The newer building across from the reception area is nicer but the rooms are smaller.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends

I do appreciate your taking the time to review our property. Thank you for recommening us to others. I did want to tell you the our restaurant downstairs has gone totally non-smoking since April of this last year. I also wanted to address the issue of the rooms on the reception side being smaller. You must have stayed in one of our king room, which is smaller in that building. The remainder of our rooms in the North Court building; which is the building across from the lobby are quite spacious. Also, if you ask for a room at the back of the building you will find that it is very quite compared to those closer to the street. Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us of your stay.

Reviewed 22 December 2008

We arrived at the landing off the late jet. The courtesy van arrived minutes after the call to the airport ferry terminal (make sure you have the phone number) and the driver was very polite and chatty. The main restaurant was closed but the pub was open and we were hungry. The prices in Alaska are expensive but when it comes to seafood, the prices were great! We had 2 fantastic bowls of the smoked salmon chowder for $6.99 each. Only in Alaska!. The room was nice and looked as if it was recently remodeled. No complaints there. We had a nice breakfast in the main restaurant the next morning and had the van (same driver- these people work long hours) take us to the float plane terminal. Everyone was very nice, the room was great and comfortable and we would stay again without question!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
akhotel, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2009

First, I must apologize for not responding sooner to your review. I am truely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Best Western Landing Hotel for your stay while in Ketchikan. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2008

I stayed 2 days in Ketchikan on a business trip. The Best Western was decent, I wasn't expecting much since I knew it was a small town and not very many hotels.

I've never stayed at a Best Western before, but I would say this is just a standard small town type of hotel. The rooms were clean and the shower was clean, bed was comfortable. The hotel has a shuttle that takes you to and from the ferry and a few other places. This hotel isn't in the downtown area, but just about a 5 minute drive away. The hotel had a bar upstairs that was nice to hang out in.

Alaska is a "different" place so you can't really expect the same service and amenities as you would in the lower 48 states. Ketchikan and other Alaska cities are remote and very expensive to live in (since everything comes in on an airplane or a barge).

I would probably stay here again, nothing fancy, but at least it's clean. We went to dinner at the Cape Fox Lodge and that hotel seemed a bit nicer (Lodge style) and had a really good restaurant, probably the nicest in town.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
akhotel, General Manager at The Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2009

I apologize for not answering your review prior to this. I do want to thank you for the great review and appreciate your comments. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely hope to see you again in Ketchikan and hope we can be of service for your hospitality needs.
Linda Peters,

Reviewed 31 August 2008

Each year my family goes fishing in Craig, AK. On the way home we spend one night in Ketchikan, so we have stayed at most of the Ketchikan hotels.

This was our first time at the Best Western and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are large and spacious. Our room had two queen size beds. The room and furnishings were comfortable and clean.

The restaurant was very good with many options. We had a group of 10 for dinner, and everything was perfect. The waitress was sweet and efficient, the order was right, the food was hot and tasty.

There was a computer off the lobby, so we could do our flight check in. The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the airport ferry.

This hotel is definitely one of the best, if not THE best hotel in Ketchikan. We hope to stay here again on our next fishing trip.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family