“Just Magnificent!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ketchikan
Anchor Inn by the Sea
Ranked #2 of 18 Ketchikan B&B and Inns
Anchorage, Alaska
“Just Magnificent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had the utmost pleasure of staying in this retreat during a temporary work assignment and the picture-perfect view was one of the main reasons for extending an additional month. If you enjoy the air after a rain then you will find Ketchikan heavenly with The Anchor Inn By The Sea the ideal anchor for your visit. Mary and Greg are the perfect hosts and a wealth of knowledge about the area! The wildlife abound even during my visit through the winter months - absolutely no disappointments. Quiet and private, my stay in the Orca Suite was perfect as worked night shift and had absolutely no disturbances. All one needs is here with a full kitchen and amenities. A made to order haven to just enjoy the sky, water and life.

Room Tip: Every room has a view, privacy and abounds with peace.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ninole, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was my fifth year to stay at the Anchor Inn by the Sea. It is like returning home each summer. We love it in Ketchikan and our stay at the inn is always clean, comfortable and relaxing. The ocean view is so amazing. Sitting in the lawn chairs next to the ocean in the evening as the sum goes down is one of my favorite places to be. If only my vacation could be longer! I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I travel a lot and Anchor Inn by the Sea, Mary and Greg provided by far the most wonderful and relaxing experience I have had. The home and scenery were absolutely beautiful. Mary and Greg were very personable and accommodating hosts. It was a lovely time to relax, explore and just sit back and watch the whales, eagles, salmon, otters and fishing boats go by. My parents, who are elderly, were very well accommodated for. We all loved every minute of our stay and have wonderful memories. Hope to return soon.

Room Tip: The way the property is laid out all suites seem to be great!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon H
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We just left & I wish we were back there now. It was even better than we thought. It was very clean & tastefully decorated. Mary had coffee filters & a few spices. She even had a few toiletries in case you forgot yours. There was A nice selection of movies & books you borrow. Kitchen was well equipped. Greg keeps the yard up beautifully. Eagles were everywhere. If you go contact Onthana's massage for a great Thai experience. The guys at the Rain Barrel were a lot of fun to shop with.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sara1221
Mendocino
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Our first taste of Alaska and we want more! Such a beautiful spot just south of Ketchikan. Peaceful and lovely....watch whales, seals, eagles and boats go by. Well equipped suite with everything you would want. Cooked most of our meals in and didn't miss anything from home! A rental car is a must to explore the 30 miles of island byways. Lots to see and do. Ketchikan itself is bustling when the Cruise boats dock. But when they leave it's a quiet and charming little town. Strongly recommend Anchor Inn for couples, family, or friends! Owners, Mary and Greg are great!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BettyMendocino
Mexico City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Impeccably clean, totally new, just a few feet from a gorgeous beach with magnificent views from all suites, this Inn is a great place to stay.
There are all kind of niceties from spices to saran wrap and a fully equipped kitchen. This place is very quiet, all you hear is the gentle roar of the ocean if you step on the balcony, otherwise, the interior is warm, cozy and inviting.
It is located about 10 minutes easy driving from downtown on a beautiful road.
Very safe and private, the suites are in the lower floor of the building. The owners are always ready to help. There is total privacy with separate access and easy parking.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, they differ in size, distribution and price only.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I could not believe how perfect this spot was. As I arrived and walked into this gorgeous room with an amazing view of the bay/channel. It has a great living room to sit and enjoy with a large window out to the water. You can see islands and wildlife. Although I did not have a whale sighting, I know they were out there when I wasn't looking. There is a flat screen TV if you get tired of looking at the view out of the window, but I never did. It was great to have a kitchen where I could make some meals too.

The bedroom is great too. A very comfortable bed helped me sleep like a baby. Mary, the owner, stopped down to say hi and see if I needed anything. She is a great lady who is ready to take care of you at any time. We had a pleasant conversation and she even brought me something for my migraine that took me out of commission for the morning.

It sits on the south end of town and is not in the touristy area, but you can quickly get to everything you need. There is a great cove just a little south of there where I saw sea otters playing around during low tide. The is also a "beach" just a short walk north of there called Rotary park.

The only thing that could possibly have made this a better place for me to stay is if my wife had been with me. It's a perfect get away place.

I can not recommend this place enough. You MUST stay there!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business