“Great Alaskan fishing and vacation!”
Review of Clover Pass Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ketchikan
Clover Pass Resort
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had a great time at Clover Pass resort. They provided us with two guided days of silver salmon and halibut fishing. We also had two days of self -guided fishing on boats they provided. This allowed us to go to the Naha river where we could fish, hike, and have close encounters with black bear! All the fish we caught was cleaned, processed, frozen, and packaged for us to check on to the plane. All four of us have freezers full of fish! While we were there we had everything we needed especially food. Ron cooked the best meals and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Even my 12 year old had a good time and memorable time with father, uncle and grandfather. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 July 2013

First of all I wanted to tell you and the Clover Pass Staff THANK YOU for an Amazing time at the Clover Pass Resort!!! I had the best time someone could ask to have on a trip to Alaska, it was everything I had in mind plus some. Right from the get go we were met and greeted with Brent at the airport who gave us a good education of the area. Once we reached the Resort itself we met Heidi who booked us in and handed us off to Jesse who gave us a tour of the place and to our rooms, Jesse also gave us some good ideas of tackle to use and ideas of places to go. Monday morning started off with an excellent Breakfast from Ron the cook, might I say that Ron did an amazing job having a new menu of food everyday and every meal. The "BOYS" at the dock were more then helpful getting us the boat and getting us started on our way. Another special thanks to both Chance & Josh for going out with us on their days off and trying to catch some Halibut, I feel they deserve a RAISE!!! Every day we got up and had our personal little routine of breakfast, fishing, lunch, fishing, dinner, and last visiting with other guest to see what the day had brought for all. It rained just about everyday but we did not let that stop us from enjoying the fishing, between the cover on the boat and a little rain gear it would take more then some rain to stop us. One morning we went on a little tour and stopped off at the Silverking Lodge, what a nice place to stay. The staff there brought out some bread to feed the deer and sent us on the short walk up the Boardwalk through the forest. It was amazing to see how fast time went, we got there Sun night and the following Sat morning came so fast. I really appreciate the opportunity I had to visit the Clover Pass and go fishing with my Father and 2 Uncles. I had many hours to talk to my father and uncles about life and experiences they have all had, many were probably fish stories (not true) but it didn't matter because we all laughed and had a great time. I had an amazing time and would recommend to anyone to go fishing in Ketchikan Alaskan specifically at the Clover Pass Resort where you will be treated like family and receive first class service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Clover Pass Resort provided the perfect setting for the most relaxing, enjoyable vacation I've ever had. Whether I was taking a jaunt into Ketchikan for a taste of town life or taking a skiff out to catch a few choice salmon, there is no place I would rather vacation. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff at Clover Pass. These are the nicest group of folks you'd ever want to meet, going above-and-beyond to make sure that your stay with them is the trip of lifetime. Thanks to Michael, Jess, Bob, Chef Ron, Jeremy, Russell, Ryder, Alex, Stetzen, Leah, Jen, McKenzie and many others for your hospitality to this Pensacola girl. I'm saving my pennies now for another great adventure next year and Clover Pass is the place I want to be!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are equally perfect. Remember, this is a fishing adventure, not the Waldorf. But, t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We just got back from Clover Pass Resort and took extended family and friends from Ohio, San Francisco, and Idaho. We had an amazing time.

This is a relaxed location, the staff are friendly, dedicated, work hard at all hours day and night, and make their visitors feel appreciated, accomodated, pampered and at home. It is very easy to travel to the resort from the airport in "Nowhere, Alaska." The staff make it easy!

The food is amazing. I would go back in a heart beat. And this year we caught three days of sunshine! The fishing was an amazing life/"bucket list" experience. I highly recommend Clover Pass Resort for all ages, all levels of experience in fishing, and for seasoned and unexperience travelers.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2012

M husband and I have stayed and fished from Clover Pass for 8 years or so. We ALWAYS have a great time. The staff and owners go out of their way to make our trip awesome. We have had wonderful fishing guides who also make our fishing experience one that we can only get in Alaska. This year we fished for 3 days and brought home close to 500 lbs of fish (that's 10 boxes!) between 4 of us. Now there is no guarantee on the catching part but every guide we have had in the past will find us something to catch and take home! Ron the cook does an outstanding job of providing a great variety of food. We enjoyed the nightly buffet of fresh sea food, steak, salad, desset........way easy to eat too much! We love Clover Pass and all it has to offer and we will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I recently had the experience of a lifetime at the Clover Pass Resort in Ketchikan, AK. This cozy little lodge set just North of Ketchikan played host to the First Annual Think Alaskan Pink Ladies Classic. A self guided fishing adventure reserved only for us ladies! The rooms were clean, the staff was AMAZING, the food - OFF THE HOOK! They have a private chef that caters only to the guests of the lodge. Breakfast was hot and ready every morning before we headed out for a day of fishing. An AMAZING sandwich bar was completely stocked with deli meats, cheese and fresh cut veggies so you could pack a lunch and not have to return to the lodge for your mid-day meal. If you chose to return, there was always a steaming hot pot of gumbo, stew or soup to warm you up before you headed back out for the rest of the afternoon. The evening meal was GOURMET, and I don't throw that term around lightly. Fresh halibut, steamed vegetables, salad, bread and desert fit for a queen along with many others that were truly incredible during my stays there. Yes, I went back TWICE in 2011 and am going to return in 2012 for the 2nd Annual Think Alaskan Pink. If you like to fish, and you are a lady, then you need to go to Clover Pass!

Room Tip: Top floor facing the water! The view is AMAZING!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We all had an amazing time. Every detail was taken care of including classes on downrigging and boat operation. We were taught knot tying...baiting the hook..even had a cooking class. Food was excellent...plenty of it and loved the sandwich bar that we could pack our own lunchs. How many places would you find Oysters Rockefeller?
The fishing was outstanding..5 gals went out on a charter and we came back with 51 fish..5 of which were halibut. The day of the tournament dawned sunny and after a huge breakfast we were off fishing until 4 pm. I am please to say I came in 2nd in the Tournament and shared the prize money (donated to the charity of our choice) with a team mate as we both weighed in the same 4.5#. I feel I learned so much but the comradry and friendships are the best prize of course I brought home close to 70# of fish! I had a note today from one of the gals..she asked me when I was coming home to Ketchikan..that I was missed. Wow. I cannot wait for august 11, 2012. Clover Valley Resort is the best vacation I have had..they just know how to take care of you!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo