“wonderful experience - could be addictive”

Alaska Seaplane Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: What could be more Alaskan than soaring through the wildest country left on the planet; only to land on the clearest Alpine lake to breath the freshest air in this atmosphere? Pick some blueberries while you're there!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I made arrangements with Marty who was always helpful and responsive. Our flight was delayed due to circumstances beyond their control, but they made two alternative arrangements from which we could select, so that was great for us. Our pilot Trevor was outstanding--not only was he a safe and knowledgeable pilot, but he was very personable. I would go with this company and with Trevor again. Misty Fjord was just beautiful, and Trevor knew all the spots and provided great commentary. We did not see as much wildlife as we had hoped but it was not for lack of trying. If and when I return to Ketchikan, I will look this company up again. Thanks for a wonderful experience.

All reviews
"lake landing"
"these guys"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a great company to work with!! Our pilot was a local guy, raised in the area so he knew everything about the area where to go what to see, and had a wealth of knowledge!! Excellent pilot, took us to see Misty Fjords, bears, eagles / eagles nests, Mountain goats, and some of the best scenery in the area. This is not your run of the mill flight, like what the cruise lines put you on, you see so much more than you would on the "Tourist Planes". Extremely friendly, funny staff. Family run company that is a true Alaska organization. I highly recommend them to anyone visiting the area, and to stay clear of the Cruise Excursions. What a great way to celebrate turning 50!! Thanks guys!!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

If you intend to "fly" in Ketchican, use Alaksa Seaplane Tours. Due to an error on my part, we missed our initial shuttle (I waited on the wrong side of Bay Building - you have to wait on the side where the totem pole is located). When I saw the van drive past, I was upset; however, shortly after another van came and the driver took the time so search me out. He indicated that I missed my scheduled flight but that he could take me anywhere in Ketchican and pick me up in time for the next flight. He was true to his word and we ended up at the dock for the next flight. However, there was nobody scheduled for the flight so he gave us a two and a half hour private flight over the Prince of Whales Island - it is an exeperience! Our pilot Jim was outstanding - very good knowledge of the area and clearly enjoyed his job. Five starts to Ryan, Marty, Jim and Trevor for turning what could have been a disaster into an amazing experience that I will remember for years to come!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We went on the 2 hour flight to Misty Fjords and for some bear-watching. Great flight and very professional and informative pilot. The company was great to work with in booking the flight as well. AMAZING views on the flight, such incredible scenery. Seaplane takeoffs and landings on remote mountain waters are really cool. We didn't see any bears, but the pilot tried hard to find them-- since it was late May and the salmon weren't running yet, we weren't too shocked not to see the bears (we saw some elsewhere in Ketchikan). You may want to coordinate your flight with low tide timing, since it seems like that's when the most shoreline and grasses would be exposed for bear use. Also-- not really a decision factor, but I think these guys have the best-looking of any of the Ketchikan seaplanes!