“A very unique adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Snorkel Alaska

Snorkel Alaska
More attraction details
Owner description: Snorkel Alaska operates the Mountain Point Snorkeling Adventure in Ketchikan, Alaska. The tour is an all inclusive Shore Excursion offered by all major cruise lines visiting Alaska. Everything need to snorkel safely and comfortably is provided from state of the equipment, transportation and PADI Professional Divemasters and SCUBA Instructors in the water with you. Opened in 2001 by a former Norwegian Cruise Line Dive In Instructor, rest assured you will be provided the highest level of customer service. Why sit on a bus when you can jump in the water in Alaska!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A very unique adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

Snorkeling in Alaska was a very unique experience. I did it with my 12 and 16 year old sons, and we had a lot of fun. Somehow the weather in that particular place was (or felt) warmer than everywhere else - I don't know how to explain that! And the suits did keep us warm. I expected to be at least somewhat cold since I'm always cold, but this never happened. The instructors were very helpful, answered all my questions and addressed all my concerns. It was a bit slippery on the way getting down to the water, but doable. The water visibility was different at different times, sometimes it was very clear, and at other times I couldn't see anything at all. There was some fish, different jellyfish, sea stars and underwater forest. The instructors got us sea urchins, sea cucumbers and sea stars to look at and to hold. I'm glad we did it!

home
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Oh Yea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

No kidding,this was great.Realy nice gear and experienced staff makes this a better trip than you would expect.Tons of see life and good visability.The 7 mill wet suit keeps you toasty warm. Just do it.

Winnipeg, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 238 helpful votes
“Staying Warm in Cold Water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

My grandson and I really enjoyed the adventure of snorkeling in Alaskan waters. It was a short drive from the dock to the dive HQ where we were kitted out head to toe with wetsuits. We were given instructions on how to put the suit on which proved to be easier than I thought. All the gear was top-notch and well cared for. With everyone dressed we were taken by bus to the snorkel site a few minutes down the road. There we were given some safety instructions and began our water adventure. To my surprise I remained quite warm in my suit despite the cool temperature of the water. We were guided by three experienced dive masters who did an excellent job finding and displaying sea creatures such as sea stars and sea cucumber. There were also hundreds of jellyfish in the water with us. There were only a few fish and not much else to see underwater except the kelp forest. This was an expensive adventure but its uniqueness makes it one you should miss. You can also purchase souvenir t-shirts after changing at the dive shop.

Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fabulous snorkeling trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

It was a wonderful time snorkeling in Alaska with our guides, Jonathon, Alynia and Shelby. We were picked up on the docks on time and led to the dive store were they dressed us head to toe in quality gear. A 2 minute bus ride to the snorkeling spot where they went over safety stuff and answered any questions. I felt very safe snorkeling in the spot with the guides. The water was calm and relatively clear while we were swimming over the rocks. I was warm they entire time while in the water. We got to see so many cool things, starfish, sea urchins, sea cucumbers, fish, crabs - really great trip and I'm so glad we chose this activity. Bring a camera to capture what you see below!

1 Thank jew6649
Akron, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Cool stuff below the surface”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was fun. Top-notch dive shop doing everything right--great gear, appropriate staffing, and a guaranteed good time regardless of your experience level with snorkeling. Under the watchful eye of 3 (yes, THREE) divemasters, there was plenty of room to explore plus the opportunity to see and handle some amazing creatures in a guided fashion. The rich Alaskan waters are just teeming with coastal sea life. You won't see colorful tropical fish like you do snorkeling in the Caribbean, obviously, but there are really cool things to see and you can't get this same perspective any other way. There were genius examples of camouflage with some of the fish and little critters to see in just about every crevice. Starfish, urchins, sea cucumbers, jelly fish, crabs, etc. were easy to spot.

Fred D, Owner at Snorkel Alaska, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for such a great review. The only question why only 4 out of 5????