“Amazing Ride”

US$269.00*
and up
Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour from Ketchikan
More attraction details
Owner description: Misty Fjords National Monument Flightseeing, Alaska Bear Viewing and Flightseeing, Glacier Fjords Flightseeing, and Scheduled Flight Service to 18 different Southeast Alaska communities.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Amazing experience where we circled around the island. Sure it was a little rainy but the plane was safe and our pilot couldn't have made us feel more secure and comfortable. For someone with a fear of planes, this was extremely pleasant and it really helped that they took so many precautions and were so patient with myself. Great ride.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"seaplane trip"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked a wonderful trip from when we got off the ship. Sea plane that took us to the Majestic Forge. We ended up saving $200 not using the cruise line. However, this is the same agency that the cruise line uses.

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Pilot was very professional. Well worth the time and money.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our family of five, from teenager to grandparents, all loved our flight to the Misty Fjords National Monument. We did this as a cruise excursion through Holland America, which called it "Magnificent Misty Fjords by Floatplane." Everything went smoothly from start to finish.

1  Thank Greg D
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My family of 5 had the most amazing time flightseeing the Misty Fjords National Park with Taquan Air on our recent RC Cruise. When we first checked in with their representative she mentioned our family may have to be split up and go on separate airplanes. When I expressed concern about this she said they would see what they could do. They ended up putting all 5 of us on a plane that could have accommodated 6 so they lost out on one fare to make us happy (unlike Temsco Helicopters in Skagway - split us into 2 helicopters even though we asked to go in one - they even had a helicopter there that held 5 passengers but to accommodate 6 other guests they took 2 of our lighter family members to balance the 2nd helicopter - they knew all of the weights when booking - something wrong with that picture). Anyway, I do not want to take away from my review of Taquan Air but I did want to point out, how impressed I was in comparison with that other tour company!) So we had a private tour with our amazing pilot Jim who was very professional, knowledgeable and caring. He had 33 years experience with the company and did an amazing job- even pointed out a brown bear and a black bear to us and made sure we could see them by pointing them out with the end of the planes wing! He also pointed out a few bald eagles! The scenery was breathtaking and we had the smoothest landing on a remote bay where we all got out onto the pontoons and took pictures (my 10 year old, 16 & 20 year olds as well as myself and my husband). It was surreal! At the end of the tour they gave us each a free certificate with a picture of a floatplane certifying we all flew on a floatplane in Ketchikan. My husband purchased a Taquan Air T-shirt for the reasonable price of $19.99 and he wears it proudly. A once in a lifetime experience! Thank you Taquan Air for taking such good care of us and providing amazing customer service!

1  Thank Julie F